Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  4 Sep  2016, 13:07The warehouse fight in BvS is the best encounter for the character in live action. Taking on many threats at once at winning. He attaches gadgets to guns that immobilise the users, fires the grappling gun a number of times and throws a batarang. So basically, he's a multi-tasker just like the comics and Arkham games. This Batman fights dirty and breaks bones. But what I really dig, is how grounded it all seems to be even though Batman kicks ass. He's shot in the head twice and gets stabbed in the shoulder. It's not pure smooth sailing. The goons aren't just standing around to be assaulted - they actually shoot at him. But he perseveres and uses this to fuel his crusade.
I'm coming back to this.

That sequence is my favorite Batman fight in all of his recent live action history. For all the reasons you mention, yes, but also because I like the fighting style he uses. There's some martial artsy stuff in there but mostly he just batters people senseless with his fists. I like Batman as a martial arts expert. But I think I prefer Batman as a two-fisted, no-nonsense brawler. Chris Nolan arguably started that trend in live action but if you ask me Zack Snyder perfected it.

No fancy shmancy cartwheels. No fruity ballet martial arts.

Just one man, both of his fists and an abject lack of remorse.

If you cross him, you are his enemy. And he WILL take you down. Be sure of that.

Best. Batman fight. Ever.

Geoff Johns has apparently confirmed that Joe Manganiello will be playing Deathstroke in the solo Batfleck film, with Manganiello himself acknowledging the news on his Twitter page.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/09/08/joe-manganiello-will-play-deathstroke-in-ben-afflecks-batman-movie/

https://twitter.com/JoeManganiello?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  6 Sep  2016, 01:12
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  4 Sep  2016, 13:37
I agree, but it's a shame that I see a lot of bandwagon haters dismiss the warehouse scene as "feels shot like a video game". Christ, do we want to return to the dark old days of incoherent and clumsy "fight" scenes again?
Funny Fish, you must understand the times we live in. These days you can give Lois Lane a healthy portion of screen time and make her drive the plot, and the 'critics' will say her role was wasted. Which leaves sensible people scratching their heads. We live in a bizarro world. It's much like the media with their bias, and politicians who are paid up and doing the bidding of everyone but the people. These groups think they speak for the masses, but all it does is aggregate the Everyman listening to this garbage. People are thinking differently. For example, disagreeing with Margot Kidder's curious opinion in Amy Adams' Lois does not make me a woman hating pig. Nor is Kidder immune to criticism for being a woman. The critics and people we disagree with are fair game.

Trust me, I came to realise we live in a bizarre, confusing world a long time ago. If people want to engage in groupthink without judging something on merit, that's their problem.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  9 Sep  2016, 03:22
That sequence is my favorite Batman fight in all of his recent live action history. For all the reasons you mention, yes, but also because I like the fighting style he uses. There's some martial artsy stuff in there but mostly he just batters people senseless with his fists. I like Batman as a martial arts expert. But I think I prefer Batman as a two-fisted, no-nonsense brawler. Chris Nolan arguably started that trend in live action but if you ask me Zack Snyder perfected it.

Quote for f***ing truth.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It's been officially stated that Justice League will elaborate on what BvS already signposted. The fact that Bruce is now inspired by Superman's example and will lay down his guns.

I think this plot line is great, because it gives Bruce a character arc to explore and develop, thus more screen time. Otherwise what was the point of Dawn of Justice? He went through a dark period in his life and he's now coming out the other side. I think it's pretty cool that the Keaton/Kilmer character progression is happening again in live action. However this time, I think it's more clearly defined with more reasoning behind Batman's mindset.

No doubt people will claim this is WB backtracking/inventing something that wasn't there.

But in that case, I'm happy to stand as a voice of reason.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 10 Sep  2016, 14:33
It's been officially stated that Justice League will elaborate on what BvS already signposted. The fact that Bruce is now inspired by Superman's example and will lay down his guns.

I think this plot line is great, because it gives Bruce a character arc to explore and develop, thus more screen time. Otherwise what was the point of Dawn of Justice? He went through a dark period in his life and he's now coming out the other side. I think it's pretty cool that the Keaton/Kilmer character progression is happening again in live action. However this time, I think it's more clearly defined with more reasoning behind Batman's mindset.

It's certainly better than having Batman kill, but then try to not acknowledge it as many people do.

There's potential material where Batman finds himself inheriting a new "family" of sorts with the Justice League, which will show he's not alone any more and he buries his demons for good. Much like how the Burton/Schumacher series ended with joining forces with Batgirl and Robin and the guilt he once had is long gone.

Geoff Johns elaborated on the shift away from the "dark and gritty tone":

"Mistakenly in the past I think the studio has said, 'Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that's what makes them different.' That couldn't be more wrong," Johns explained. "It's a hopeful and optimistic view of life. Even Batman has a glimmer of that in him. If he didn't think he'd make tomorrow better, he'd stop."

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/geoff-johns-and-jon-berg-on-reworking-justice-league-and-the-new-a145059

While I am glad that the films won't take themselves too seriously anymore, I can't help but still scoff at people who cherished the glum tone of Nolan's stuff, but can't accept the tone in MOS and BvS. If anything, BvS ended on a much more positive note than some people give it credit for.

I doubt Deathstroke will star in JL, but I predict we'll see him in a mid-credit scene.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I absolutely agree. You see people calling BvS pretentious and try-hard dark. And I just think they're total hypocrites. That's what was slung at the Nolan trilogy as well, but they remain silent on that front. If Nolan does it, that's fine. If Snyder does it, that's an abomination. It just comes off as pissed off jealousy. Talking down their cinematic replacement, but actually revealing their very own double standards. It's a joke.

Snyder tweeted this photo of Batfleck in his tactical suit. Reminds me of Nite Owl.

Aside from the goggles, it looks exactly like the Arkham Origins suit.

Definitely not my favorite, but still not as bad as TDK/R suit. Again, it looks like a live action version of the Origins suit.

For a tactical suit with a specific purpose it's okay. I'm guessing this is the JL equivalent of the BvS mech suit.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."