Is Justice League meant to be the conclusion to a Superman trilogy?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 26 Aug 2017, 02:23

Previous topic - Next topic
I've seen DCEU fans on Twitter and forums claiming that JL will not only be Superman's rebirth, but also the final film of his trilogy.

I can understand people would disagree with this because Zack Snyder has directed three films that focuses on a wide range of different characters, not just Superman. But at the same time, I do get what the fans are saying.

They're suggesting that JL will conclude Superman's ongoing narrative arc that began in MOS, where he had to overcome with his own doubts to save the world, and which continued in BvS. Presumably, Superman makes peace with his struggles and fully accepts the responsibilities and consequences by becoming the hero the world knows and loves.

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the audience's reaction, not in the movies' universe as people are shown paying their respects and gratitude at the end of BvS.

Discuss.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei