Arkham Asylum Video Game

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 14 Aug 2008, 10:02

Previous topic - Next topic
That's good, i would perfer it be just a new Batman game and not have anything to do with the new movies. Can't wait to see whats like but it's gonna be a long wait.

Indeed. I would like to see a Dark Knight game however. I have a bad feeling about this game, but I'm hoping for the best. The screenshots don't look that great.

Yes the screen shots do leave you feeling abit worried about the game. It seems like the put alot of there effort into the graphics and not alot into gameplay which can end up with a really crappy game.

I wish they would make just 1 great Batman game with great everything even if it takes along a year or two to make.

Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 16 Aug  2008, 06:49
I wish they would make just 1 great Batman game with great everything even if it takes along a year or two to make.
Yes, it is not much to ask. I am surprised a big name company has not taken the bull by the horns and made use of the licence. It is Batman for crying out loud, there is a lot of potential there.

A lot of potential indeed. Like Batman & Robin, Vengeance and Dark Tomorrow showed a lot of potential when first news about them appeared, but it was wasted and were unplayable for the most part. They should probably make a linear game upon a tried and tested formula, focusing on the visuals and the gameplay mechanics, making sure that the game is simple, but looks excellent and plays smoothly (and has a proper atmosphere with music and voice acting in cut-scenes). Sometimes ambitious licenced games never deliver what they set out to do and fall terribly flat due to flawed design, control mechanics and half-complete graphics.

i'll likely get it. i really dont care for the fact that bats looks a lot like bale in it.but, oh well

Bale really i thought he looks alot like Clooney lol. I will prob also end up getting it, a new Batman game is still a new Batman game.

QuoteYes, it is not much to ask. I am surprised a big name company has not taken the bull by the horns and made use of the licence. It is Batman for crying out loud, there is a lot of potential there

True just look at The Dark Knight over hyped or not it has so many fans that it has become one of the biggest films in history you would think some game company would try jumping on this bandwagon and make a exellent game. With Batman's popularity at what it is at the moment if a great game was to be made it would result in some serious money.

After seeing some screenshots it looks like they will be going with the "new" popular cut mouth Joker look. Does any know this for sure?

I thought I saw screenshots of the Joker and he looked similar to the one in DC -vs- Mortal Kombat.

Sat, 21 Feb 2009, 12:45 #19 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Feb 2009, 18:01 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 16 Aug  2008, 17:15
i'll likely get it. i really dont care for the fact that bats looks a lot like bale in it.but, oh well

Really? I think his facial features (& cowl) look almost exactly like the way Alex Ross draws them.

As for the game itself, I'd like to have some of the Last Arkham's plot thrown in.