How fans are trying to remove Zack Snyder from the Justice League

Started by johnnygobbs, Tue, 29 Mar 2016, 19:53

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, whatever else one says about BvS, one can be very thankful that Snyder and co cast Ben Affleck, a great choice, as Batman.

He's infinitely superior to all the other candidates associated with the films post-Bale.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 29 Mar  2016, 23:57It tends to raise the question of which WB should take more seriously:

A- A petition signed by a few thousand people.
B- Nearly half a billion dollars in just five days.

Tough choice, eh?
More than anything, they should take seriously whether or not the product is quality.
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 00:04Yep - Money speaks all languages.

Got to give it to Snyder and WB/DC though. This film, while clearly divisive, was brave enough to do its own thing in contrast to the MCU. Totally different tone, atmosphere and themes. The reaction of the film basically reflects how Superman was treated in the film.
Atmosphere and tone are basically the same thing. The themes aren't much different than some MCU products. It's basically a nonsense film either way. Like AOU. Only that was dumb with insane things in it, while this was insane with dumb things in it. Have a very great day both of you!

God bless you both! God bless everyone!

Do you not like the MCU Dagenspear?  And are you only a fan of the Christopher Nolan films?

Quote from: Dagenspear on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 23:10
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 29 Mar  2016, 23:57It tends to raise the question of which WB should take more seriously:

A- A petition signed by a few thousand people.
B- Nearly half a billion dollars in just five days.

Tough choice, eh?
More than anything, they should take seriously whether or not the product is quality.

If it was made for fans and the fans are (more often than not) responding positively, I'd say it's quality.

The critic response doesn't matter. This was never going to be an Oscar winner, so I doubt they are worried about impressing the people who get paid to watch and critique movies (someone here used to have a siggy I loved that said something about critics being someone who criticized the work of others that they themselves couldn't create or something like that). They wanted to impress the people with Batman posters on the walls or Superman pajamas in the drawer and everyone else with emotional attachment to the characters. Not all, they were never going to appeal to all of them because the characters have too big of a scope, but they wanted to get the majority at least.

Mission accomplished from what I've seen. Just one girl's opinion, though. God bless you and have a great day and all of that too. :)

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 23:20If it was made for fans and the fans are (more often than not) responding positively, I'd say it's quality.

The critic response doesn't matter. This was never going to be an Oscar winner, so I doubt they are worried about impressing the people who get paid to watch and critique movies (someone here used to have a siggy I loved that said something about critics being someone who criticized the work of others that they themselves couldn't create or something like that). They wanted to impress the people with Batman posters on the walls or Superman pajamas in the drawer and everyone else with emotional attachment to the characters. Not all, they were never going to appeal to all of them because the characters have too big of a scope, but they wanted to get the majority at least.

Mission accomplished from what I've seen. Just one girl's opinion, though. God bless you and have a great day and all of that too. :)
Fans liking something doesn't make it great. Have a very great day again!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Well, whether something is great is surely subjective, isn't it?

It's a shame that many critics dislike BvS, and I'd hope that Snyder or whoever is in charge on the next movie, will address some of the criticisms, but tbf to posters like Catwoman and colors, the critics' opinions are no more valid than ordinary cinemagoers and fans' opinions.

I might happen to agree with the critics on most (although not all) occasions but what counts is whether BvS pleases large numbers of people, not whether it satisfies critics per se.

At the end of the day, the studios primary goal is not to appease the critics but maximize profits. Fan reception is strong, the cash is rolling in.  In a way the critic backlash could be a positive thing as many people who hate critics and their bias are using this film as vehicle to rebel against the critics.

Quote from: riddler on Thu, 31 Mar  2016, 15:55
At the end of the day, the studios primary goal is not to appease the critics but maximize profits. Fan reception is strong, the cash is rolling in.  In a way the critic backlash could be a positive thing as many people who hate critics and their bias are using this film as vehicle to rebel against the critics.
I hope not.  Otherwise we can look forward to a rash of Transformers sequels and Adam Sandler 'comedies'.  ::)

I know people like to trash the critics, but I do find that they're often right and put pressure on filmmakers to maintain a minimum standard.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 31 Mar  2016, 17:25
]I hope not.  Otherwise we can look forward to a rash of Transformers sequels and Adam Sandler 'comedies'.  ::)
BvS is nowhere near that level of quality. Don't be fooled by the Tomato Meter.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  1 Apr  2016, 03:17
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 31 Mar  2016, 17:25
]I hope not.  Otherwise we can look forward to a rash of Transformers sequels and Adam Sandler 'comedies'.  ::)
BvS is nowhere near that level of quality. Don't be fooled by the Tomato Meter.
Just to be clear, I wasn't attacking BvS here.  I as referring to this worrying statement "In a way the critic backlash could be a positive thing as many people who hate critics and their bias are using this film as vehicle to rebel against the critics."

Even if BvS is in fact a good film, I just hope people aren't flocking to see to give critics the finger.  Like I said before, the critics are often right IMHO.