How fans are trying to remove Zack Snyder from the Justice League

Started by johnnygobbs, Tue, 29 Mar 2016, 19:53

Previous topic - Next topic
This reminds me of the pathetic attempt to get Ben Affleck fired from playing Batman as soon as the casting was announced three years ago. Where are those idiots now?

I think it's disgusting that people are so petty and worked up over a movie that they have to start a petition to demand someone getting fired, when they could've used all that energy working on a petition on things that actually matter in the world. I'm not the biggest Snyder fan out there, but if I had a choice, I'd rather advocate human and animal rights than demanding the JL movie to be directed by someone else.

These people need to get their priorities sorted out.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 12:18
This reminds me of the pathetic attempt to get Ben Affleck fired from playing Batman as soon as the casting was announced three years ago. Where are those idiots now?

I think I signed that one lol. I can't speak for the location of other idiots. Except one. But yeah you're totally right re: priorities

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 12:18
That was pathetic!

Affleck has now proven himself to be a great Batman, which is what I actually suspected from the start (glad I was right about that one too!  :) )

How can you do a petition before one has even had a chance to see whether something can work is beyond me...at least the new petition is a response to what Snyder has already done with his JLA films, not that I'm saying it will work or is remotely worthwhile, but certainly far more logical and reasonable than the 'get Affleck off BvS' one.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 29 Mar  2016, 23:02
To bypass your regularly scheduled drama, allow me to say the fans whining and griping about Snyder's participation are mostly the same who did all in their power to assassinate the 2007-era Justice League movie. Piss off, I say.
No need to be hostile.  :)  I'm just reporting the facts.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 14:43
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 29 Mar  2016, 23:02To bypass your regularly scheduled drama, allow me to say the fans whining and griping about Snyder's participation are mostly the same who did all in their power to assassinate the 2007-era Justice League movie. Piss off, I say.
I said I was bypassing the drama. Makey sense?

And my jab was directed at people who derailed Justice League back in 2007. If you feel indicted by that comment somehow, well, a fair question for you to ask yourself is why that might be.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 18:16
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 29 Mar  2016, 23:02To bypass your regularly scheduled drama, allow me to say the fans whining and griping about Snyder's participation are mostly the same who did all in their power to assassinate the 2007-era Justice League movie. Piss off, I say.

And my jab was directed at people who derailed Justice League back in 2007. If you feel indicted by that comment somehow, well, a fair question for you to ask yourself is why that might be.
Cool.  :)

I wasn't 100% sure about the last comment.  But you've now confirmed that it wasn't directed at me, which is initially what I suspected, hence why I wasn't rude either.  :)

So, sorry for any offence and all is cool from my end.  :)

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 30 Mar  2016, 18:16

Wasn't David Boreanz supposed to be Batman in that? I remember there was controversey but I can't remember what but I think he could have been good.

Armie Hammer, actually.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...