telltale Batman game

Started by riddler, Wed, 9 Mar 2016, 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Telltale just laid off the majority of the staff, and said they canceled all their games, except for the last season of TWD, which I think will be their last. I guess they went under? No more Batman Telltale games.  :(

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 21 Sep  2018, 20:31
Telltale just laid off the majority of the staff, and said they canceled all their games, except for the last season of TWD, which I think will be their last. I guess they went under? No more Batman Telltale games.  :(
That's a real shame because I consider this one of the best modern incarnations of Batman.

Telltale is back, and the licenses for Batman and The Wolf Among Us were bought up by the new owners, and they're now going to be making new games for those franchises.

Telltale Batman is back!  8)

QuoteAs reported by Polygon, this new Telltale Games is being run by Jamie Ottilie and Brian Waddle. Ottilie was the founder and CEO of Galaxy Pest Control, which worked with such licensed properties as Duck Dynasty and Power Rangers, while Waddle had previously ran sales and marketing for the Havok game engine.

Ottilie confirmed that "some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future."

In addition to The Wolf Among Us, which was scheduled to get a sequel, and Batman, the new Telltale also has full rights to original Telltale games like Puzzle Agent. In addition, Ottilie confirmed that "there are some other expired licenses that we’re looking at."

While Ottilie said that "it's possible the new Telltale will pick up some stories where they left off," they are still evaluating how they will handle each property going forward.

There was no mention of the status of other previous Telltalle Games properties like Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Minecraft. However, The Walking Dead license is now owned by Skybound and Stranger Thing's rights have reverted back to Netflix, so those most likely won't be making a return through Telltale Games.

“This is a viable business that went away due to market conditions and some scale choices [Telltale’s previous management] made,” Ottilie said. “I like games that tell stories and I think our industry should have a company that specializes in narrative-driven games.”

Negotiations for this deal began six months ago, although no purchase price has been announced. It is known that publisher Athlon Games is a partner in the deal and will "handle storefront operations and distribution."

My good friend Travesty, we both know how good this news is. One of the greatest interpretations of Batman, that we thought was dead, is now being resuscitated for a third game? Dream come true. Didn't expect to see this. At all.