Oscars 2024 with Michael Keaton, Danny Devito, and Arnold Schwarzenegger

Started by The Joker, Mon, 11 Mar 2024, 03:07

Previous topic - Next topic
While the Oscars have been incredibly unmemorable for years now, this particular segment featuring Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger reminiscing about their roles as The Penguin and Mr. Freeze, while addressing Michael Keaton, who stays in character as Batman throughout the whole thing, is a very fun comedy bit.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I don't know if Keaton was in on this beforehand, or if he just winged it on the spot, but his reaction couldn't have been more perfect or Batmanlike.

This also appeals to my headcanon, wherein Keaton's Batman defeated Mr. Freeze.

That's a pure perfect Keaton Batman reaction there.

Also, that moment is kind of interesting since you'd think DeVito and Arnold on the same stage would lead to a reference to Twins. Interesting that they settled on Batman references.

The King looks good, and indeed, that's exactly how his Batman would react. The role is engrained in his DNA. It comes naturally.

The King said this on a recent podcast about returning to the role:

"I don't think about it much. Never say never, I don't think. Everything depends upon something else."

I actually think he'd come back again if the opportunity arose, even after being screwed around with The Flash coda being removed and Batgirl scrapped. But with the DCU starting I can't see anything happening for a long while. Which is a damn shame - I'd take him even voicing an animated movie.

But regardless, I like how this short Oscars skit cements his reputation as Batman. And even if The Flash bombed, I still like his scenes. The Supergirl rescue sequence is one of the best action showcases on film aside from the BvS warehouse scene.

Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 11 Mar  2024, 03:07While the Oscars have been incredibly unmemorable for years now, this particular segment featuring Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger reminiscing about their roles as The Penguin and Mr. Freeze, while addressing Michael Keaton, who stays in character as Batman throughout the whole thing, is a very fun comedy bit.  ;D

I've seen many images comparing Keaton's confident demeanor and comparing him to old Bruce in Batman Beyond, and it's a damn shame that money is left on the table.

I appreciate Keaton is open to the idea of doing Batman again, but as long as his hater Gunn is around it won't happen. Unfortunately that damn Flash movie may have damaged his chances, knowing those deadbeats at WB.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Just watched an interview (Jimmy Kimmel) where Keaton explained that this was planned moment. He wore the ascot to, as he put it,'Bruce Wayne' it up.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."