Marvel’s Iron Fist (Netflix)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 26 Feb 2016, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 13 Jan  2019, 20:35
Daredevil ended arguably on its best note ever, mostly unaffected by modern sexual politics. Iron Fist is ending on an undeniable low note, hopelessly crippled by those same politics. It's sad. Iron Fist always had a ton of potential, arguably second only to Daredevil. It deserved better.

And so did we viewers.

Good write up, colors. You might say Iron Fist resembled more of a typical low tier CW show with the interpersonal, family drama. But with slightly better acting.

While we're on the subject of Daredevil, I think I've made peace with its cancellation. It's unfortunate and disappointing, but if you ignore the final Bullseye scene, it was a fitting conclusion to Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk's story. It's unlikely, but if the show went downhill immediately from the fourth season onwards, I'd rather it ended as it did.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei