Favorite Batman suit on film?

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 00:11

Previous topic - Next topic
It's funny, on balance the only batsuit I don't really get as much is the Begins suit... and even that one isn't TOO bad. It just doesn't photograph well from certain angles. Then again, a primitive suit fits where the character is at that moment anyway. Which is good since it looks pretty damn primitive.

I think my favorite is the Batfleck suit. It's functional, looks identifiably like Batman and breaks away from the design trends which batsuits had followed since 1989.

The panther suit from BF is probably my sentimental favorite since it was a clear technical improvement over the original. But in terms of Stuff That Just Looks Freaking Cool, the Batfleck suit is the kid to beat.

I'll always love the two Keaton outfits for nostalgic reasons, but West and Affleck's costumes are the best representations of the classic comic suit. That is if you don't count the costume from Batman: Dead End.

Affleck's body helps a lot too. I like Keaton, and he's still the sentimental favourite, but his body mass simply doesn't compete with Affleck. He's the complete package.

The Batman Returns cowl hasn't been beaten IMO, I'd love to see a modern update on this type of suit (I know it won't happen, just saying).

Quote from: Azrael on Wed,  3 Aug  2016, 18:53The Batman Returns cowl hasn't been beaten IMO, I'd love to see a modern update on this type of suit (I know it won't happen, just saying).
I always thought the Batman Returns cowl only works from certain angles. In profile or face-forward, it's fine. But from any other angle, it looks a bit strange somehow. It's a problem no other Batman movie cowl has that I've ever seen.

This is the first time I read something negative for this cowl. I've seen all sorts of criticisms for all suits, but there's usually only praise for the cowl in Returns (and its evolution, the cowl of the "panther" suit from Batman Forever).

I'm with Edd Grayson, i love the panther suit from BF.
Very sleek suit and my favorite cowl, and second the B89 suit.
I never did like the Nolan suits, i always thought the mouth piece of the cowl was to small.

'89 suit
Affleck suit
Returns/Panther suits
Sonar suit (from Batman Forever)
Batman Begins suit
Clooney suit/ice suit
TDK/TDKR suits

I didn't comment on Adam West's costume, and I should have.

It's so simple but so perfect in how it strongly emulates the comics.

I've been reflecting on Adam West in general. He was a champion.

I posted this last year.
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 22 Jun  2017, 08:39
What I love about Batman is how Adam West could easily be my favorite Batman, just as Michael Keaton or Ben Affleck could be. They're all great. It just depends on my mood at the time.
And right now West is my favorite Bruce Wayne/Batman. Tell me, which live action Batman beats him when it comes to being an escape artist, a detective and a chemist? Who beats him in the charm department as Bruce Wayne?

RIP,  Adam.

Agreed on all points, TDK. I'll always prefer the classic spandex costume over any sculpted rubber suit. My ideal movie costume would look like this:

Of course in order for a suit like that to work, the person wearing it needs to have the right physical build. Which the majority of Batman actors haven't had.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  8 Feb  2018, 11:28
And right now West is my favorite Bruce Wayne/Batman. Tell me, which live action Batman beats him when it comes to being an escape artist, a detective and a chemist? Who beats him in the charm department as Bruce Wayne?

RIP,  Adam.