Favorite Batman suit on film?

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 00:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 20:31 #10 Last Edit: Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 20:32 by Max Shreck
Though the Burton suits were no doubt amazing, they didn't have that extra something that made the Kilmer first suit be the best for me. Maybe it was just that it looked cooler and wasn't as rough as 1989 and still taking more cues from that one than from the Returns suit, that fit the atmosphere of Returns very well. Good observations, though, colors.

Frankly, I did see all three Nolan flms but I never noticed much of a difference between the suits...

And the B&R suits were not terrible, but I didn't like that were less dark, as I said before.

And yes, the yellow oval in Kilmer's first suit was a very nice touch.

Affleck's really looks a lot like the comics. Some of them, anyway.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 20:31Frankly, I did see all three Nolan flms but I never noticed much of a difference between the suits...
Well, one had that huge neck on it...

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 20:31And the B&R suits were not terrible, but I didn't like that were less dark, as I said before.
I think Schumacher missed a hell of an opportunity to break from tradition and create an all-blue Batman suit or all-gray or blue *AND* gray or something other than what had been done before. Textually the character metaphorically shook off the darkness back in BF so it might have been useful for the character to literally shake it off in B&R. Would've, should've, could've, I guess. But it was a missed opportunity.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 20:31Affleck's really looks a lot like the comics. Some of them, anyway.
Yep, there's that. A gray and black suit is arguably what Kane and Finger originally intended anyway so this is long overdue in my opinion.

My overall favourite suit is the jet-black, 'organic-looking' 1989 costume.  Obviously it's not the most practical suit in terms of allowing Batman to turn his head, but visually it's the most iconic IMHO, and the one most likely to serve the purpose of striking his enemies with the fear of god.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

@colors Yeah, for Kilmer Suit II and Clooney, they opted for those suits that were neither too blue nor too dark, and kind of bulky, not my favorite approach.

I thought Bale's suits were not very pleasing to look at so I never noticed the differences. Not terrible, just..bland.

And you're right on the original intention for the Bat-suit as far as I know.

@johnny

That's a fine choice, though I'd say that I never noticed that flaw of the suit in the film itself. I know some want Batman to be faster in the suit, but the older suits still did the job for me.

May I have your opinion on the Panther suit ?

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 21:11
@colors Yeah, for Kilmer Suit II and Clooney, they opted for those suits that were neither too blue nor too dark, and kind of bulky, not my favorite approach.

I thought Bale's suits were not very pleasing to look at so I never noticed the differences. Not terrible, just..bland.

And you're right on the original intention for the Bat-suit as far as I know.

@johnny

That's a fine choice, though I'd say that I never noticed that flaw of the suit in the film itself. I know some want Batman to be faster in the suit, but the older suits still did the job for me.

May I have your opinion on the Panther suit ?
What's the 'panther suit'?

The suit in my first post. That's what the fans dubbed the first Batsuit in Batman Forever...  and I kind of like the ring of it.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 13 Jan  2016, 22:27
The suit in my first post. That's what the fans dubbed the first Batsuit in Batman Forever...  and I kind of like the ring of it.
It's okay.  It's a bit too slick for me.

As far as I'm concerned the more simple, the better, when it comes to Batman's suits.

1. Affleckman: Dawn of Aesthetically Pleasing Batsuits
2. Keatonman Returns Looking Dapper
3. I've Got 1989 Problems But A Batsuit Ain't One
4. I Didn't Kilmer Tailor, Coz This Suit Rocks
5. Bale Me Out Of This Thing
6. By George, Call The ER
7. I'm Not Feeling Very Christian, Coz TDK Suit Sucks

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 10 Jul  2016, 02:01
1. Affleckman: Dawn of Aesthetically Pleasing Batsuits
2. Keatonman Returns Looking Dapper
3. I've Got 1989 Problems But A Batsuit Ain't One
4. I Didn't Kilmer Tailor, Coz This Suit Rocks
5. Bale Me Out Of This Thing
6. By George, Call The ER
7. I'm Not Feeling Very Christian, Coz TDK Suit Sucks

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei