Did Batman deserve some punishment?

Started by Catbat, Mon, 7 Dec 2015, 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 10:49
Plus, I have agreed with Catwoman not to pm her any more by mutual consent.

In the interest of giving Dagenspear the full picture I'll add that it took repeated requests, then demands (and threats of reports of harassment) by me to get him to leave me alone for him to actually do so.

We used to be friends and pm each other in amicable terms quite regularly.  In fact I was the one that introduced her to the site.

Yes we were friends and talked a lot my first few years here. And you know exactly why we fell out twice. I tried to bury the hatchet once, then you pulled your stunt a few months ago. "Fool me once..."

QuoteAt the time it seemed she enjoyed speaking about the Ice Princess as much as I did.  Since she's made it clear that she no longer feels that way, or maybe she never felt that way (but it's only more recently that she advised me of this),

I certainly don't enjoy talking about her on your nauseating, obsessive level. I did and still do enjoy talking about the character (I even made a post about her recently that you seemed to have missed, thank God) but I reserve those discussions for other people who can view the discussion objectively, rationally, and don't come up with some moronic idea in response to another person's theories, like the following nugget:

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 15:18
I'd hate to think the Ice Princess needlessly died because Batman and Catwoman were indulging their sexual pleasures.  >:(

Idiot.

QuoteHowever, I am entitled to discuss the character on the public boards, irrespective of her, and since I have been a member of this forum slightly longer than Catwoman I do think it would be rather unfair if she were to object to my right to raise this topic.

I've been here nearly seven years, I don't think the seniority card really applies any more. But nice try.

QuoteSadly, I suspect other posters will no longer discuss this topic with me for risk of 'offending' her, which is highly unfair to me.  But it seems there are various topics I am not allowed to discuss on this forum for risk of 'offending' certain posters.  ::)

You're not allowed to discuss them because A. they're basically against the rules and B. when they were discussed by other users you lost your sh*t and went on a ten-post rant and tried to get those users (one being me) banned.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 19:07
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 15:38
Bruce was in love with Selina, wasn't he ? And Selina was in love with him. And so, Batman was attracted to Catwoman, even not knowing who she was, and so was Catwoman.

I think Catwoman should not have sided with Penguin, that is my problem.

Have you never acquainted yourself with someone for the means of accomplishing a goal only to realize later you never should have been within the standard blast radius of said person and chalked it up to experience? I rest my case. lol

Not really, it was more like people like the Penguin tried to use me, and me just trying to help by doing what I thought was right. But no more Mr. Niceguy. Tony Zucco's gonna get what's coming to him. For all the Graysons! And Waynes! And Dents! Lol.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 20:02
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 19:07
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 15:38
Bruce was in love with Selina, wasn't he ? And Selina was in love with him. And so, Batman was attracted to Catwoman, even not knowing who she was, and so was Catwoman.

Have you never acquainted yourself with someone for the means of accomplishing a goal only to realize later you never should have been within the standard blast radius of said person and chalked it up to experience? I rest my case. lol

Not really, it was more like people like the Penguin tried to use me, and me just trying to help by doing what I thought was right. But no more Mr. Niceguy. Tony Zucco's gonna get what's coming to him. For all the Graysons! And Waynes! And Dents! Lol.

Ug. Noble. Stupid, but noble.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 15:38Bruce was in love with Selina, wasn't he ? And Selina was in love with him. And so, Batman was attracted to Catwoman, even not knowing who she was, and so was Catwoman.

They weren't in love. They were attracted to eachothers mutual destructive tendencies. Bruce tells Alfred in Batman Forever that he's never been in love before.
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 19:40In the interest of giving Dagenspear the full picture I'll add that it took repeated requests, then demands (and threats of reports of harassment) by me to get him to leave me alone for him to actually do so.
That doesn't change anything. Insulting isn't the way to go. There's a better to be and we can all be that.

God bless you both! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 19:40
In the interest of giving Dagenspear the full picture I'll add that it took repeated requests, then demands (and threats of reports of harassment) by me to get him to leave me alone for him to actually do so.
Don't play the harassment card with me.

You used to send me short pms completely unsolicited with passive-aggressive attempts to get a reaction from me.

And bear in mind that on this occasion you have attacked me.  Until now, I've been pleasant to you.  But if you don't like my comments regarding Batman v Superman or Batman Returns, that really is your problem.  Not mine.

And no, I don't have seniority rights over you, but I sure as hell ain't going to leave this site before you, not least since I was the one who told you about this place to begin with.  So if you're going to stay here, you better learn to put up with me.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I was never passive aggressive, I straight up told you exactly what I thought. And they were solicited by an idiotic remark you would make on the forum. Playing the "I told you about this place" card doesn't really work either. I'm pretty sure I would have found it on my own, eventually.

Anyway, I'm done addressing you, I think I've made my point about the kind of person you are. Sorry folks for the hostility but I just felt like a little dose of reality was in order. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Although I have plenty to say in response to your post, I'll let you have the last word, otherwise this argument will never end.  I just want to make it clear that my silence should not be taken as a concession.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Wow, I'm gone for a day and things get all tense around here, yeesh...

Quote from: Catbat on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 15:13
For example, does anybody have a problem with the way he cut Catwoman so much slack? During their first fight it's clear that his hesitations were due to her being a woman, but he should have quickly realized she was using this bias against him. I don't buy the idea that his approach of limiting violence against Catwoman was purely idealistic either, since during her massaging the batsuit on the balcony he clearly enjoyed the seduction on an erotic level. It might seem a small detail, but Batman's indulging in the "pleasures" Catwoman was offering him allowed her to pierce the batsuit and to "escape" via a dangerous fall. This led to her alliance with the Penguin just to get vengeance (with far wider consequences for Gotham) and to play a crucial role in the Ice Princess' death. Plus, Batman had to fight with her again, and got stabbed by her claws a second time in the process.

While Batman did get seduced by Catwoman rather easily at first, don't forget that he was smart enough to upgrade his armour to make sure that he wouldn't get injured by her claws for a second time during the mistletoe scene.

As for criticisms for Batman not co-operating with police in Batman Returns, the same thing can be said for Mask of the Phantasm. Batman was wrongly accused for murdering the Zucco mob, and not once did he sought to work with the cops before or during the investigation to prove his innocence. In fact, you might even argue that it was much worse here than in BR because Batman knew there were people like the corrupt councilman Arthur Reeves and Det. Harvey Bullock who had an agenda to get rid of him.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei