Did Batman deserve some punishment?

Started by Catbat, Mon, 7 Dec 2015, 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dagenspear on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 06:27
Wow. I'm disappointed in those insulting someone for talking about fictional character. Please be better than that. I'm sure you can be.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

Those of us that have been here longer than six months (and dealt with repeated private messages on the matter on top of the forum posts) will understand why I said what I said. No offense, but you don't really know the situation my friend. God bless you too.

God bless America, and Europe, and the world.

First, Gotham, then, the world!  :)

Quote from: Dagenspear on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 06:27
Wow. I'm disappointed in those insulting someone for talking about fictional character. Please be better than that. I'm sure you can be.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!
Thank you Dagenspear.  :)

God bless you too.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Tue, 8 Dec 2015, 10:29 #23 Last Edit: Tue, 8 Dec 2015, 10:33 by Dagenspear
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 07:06Those of us that have been here longer than six months (and dealt with repeated private messages on the matter on top of the forum posts) will understand why I said what I said. No offense, but you don't really know the situation my friend. God bless you too.
The situation doesn't matter. Insulting someone over a fictional character isn't right. I'm sure that you can still be better than that though.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Plus, I have agreed with Catwoman not to pm her any more by mutual consent.

We used to be friends and pm each other in amicable terms quite regularly.  In fact I was the one that introduced her to the site.  At the time it seemed she enjoyed speaking about the Ice Princess as much as I did.  Since she's made it clear that she no longer feels that way, or maybe she never felt that way (but it's only more recently that she advised me of this), we have seized pm communication, and I have significantly decreased responding to her public messages.  I still do so, as I did recently with respect to her comments regarding the ideal Lex Luthor, but since I consider such comments to be non-contentious I hope that she doesn't mind them.  But I no longer post any reply to her that is potentially liable to end up in an argument, and I certainly don't discuss the Ice Princess with her.

However, I am entitled to discuss the character on the public boards, irrespective of her, and since I have been a member of this forum slightly longer than Catwoman I do think it would be rather unfair if she were to object to my right to raise this topic.

Sadly, I suspect other posters will no longer discuss this topic with me for risk of 'offending' her, which is highly unfair to me.  But it seems there are various topics I am not allowed to discuss on this forum for risk of 'offending' certain posters.  ::)

I don't want anyone to be mad with anyone here, but that is, it seems, impossible in practice.

Hello everybody,
first of all thanks to you all for the contributions than made this thread gain momentum - it's a clear proof that Batman had enough character development to start discussions on the effectiveness of his choices, which was the point of the issues I highlighted.

There's no doubt I'm among Batman supporters, but this time I asked myself if he always considered the ramifications of his decisions, and whether he was embarking himself in a crime-fighting crusade without the necessary lucidity or he was driven by more selfish desires.

For example, does anybody have a problem with the way he cut Catwoman so much slack? During their first fight it's clear that his hesitations were due to her being a woman, but he should have quickly realized she was using this bias against him. I don't buy the idea that his approach of limiting violence against Catwoman was purely idealistic either, since during her massaging the batsuit on the balcony he clearly enjoyed the seduction on an erotic level. It might seem a small detail, but Batman's indulging in the "pleasures" Catwoman was offering him allowed her to pierce the batsuit and to "escape" via a dangerous fall. This led to her alliance with the Penguin just to get vengeance (with far wider consequences for Gotham) and to play a crucial role in the Ice Princess' death. Plus, Batman had to fight with her again, and got stabbed by her claws a second time in the process.

It might sound provoking, but I believe that when Catwoman ridiculed Batman by saying that every woman he tried to save ended up dead or deeply resentful, she was forcing him to face the harsh truth: in the end if she was able to distract him from his mission through sex, people might think he wasn't exactly the hero Gotham needed.

I hope to have fuelled some further interesting exchanges, have fun!

I'd hate to think the Ice Princess needlessly died because Batman and Catwoman were indulging their sexual pleasures.  >:(

Bruce was in love with Selina, wasn't he ? And Selina was in love with him. And so, Batman was attracted to Catwoman, even not knowing who she was, and so was Catwoman.

I think Catwoman should not have sided with Penguin, that is my problem.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 15:38
Bruce was in love with Selina, wasn't he ? And Selina was in love with him. And so, Batman was attracted to Catwoman, even not knowing who she was, and so was Catwoman.

I think Catwoman should not have sided with Penguin, that is my problem.

Have you never acquainted yourself with someone for the means of accomplishing a goal only to realize later you never should have been within the standard blast radius of said person and chalked it up to experience? I rest my case. lol