New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

As for Ben vs Keats, Keats will always probably be my favorite because of the nostalgia factor of my youth and what not and all the other great things that make it part of a memorable time period in my life that I love taking a trip back to in my mind. Ben doesn't have that, he's taking over Batman in a part of my life when I feel suicidal more often than I don't. Not much I really want to remember right now. All that said though, I'm going in there with an open mind and if he hits it out of the park with an amazing performance I will be glad to stand up and say he did. I mean hell, I WANT him to succeed cause I'm a fan of the character. If he tops Michael in my opinion, I won't have problem admitting that either. I already admitted I was very wrong when I was so critical of him being cast. I'm excited to see what he does.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Feb  2016, 05:17Thanks for the laugh. I literally choked on my water reading that.

You can't freaking be serious. They do, militantly so, and it's far more than "some."
It's true.
QuoteTry to propose to a Nolanite that Jack Nicholson's Joker was superior or even on par with Heath Ledger's and it's like someone rattled a chimp's cage and got it pissed. They go bloody freaking bonkers.

Which by the way, Jack was superior. Heath had a great performance, but that wasn't the Joker. It was a grungy anarchist with bad hygiene. I went to school with plenty of would-be Heath Jokers.
I don't know why it bothers you so much. But there are many interpretations of characters. It's not a big deal. They're both viable. I don't see the majority doing that, I'm sorry. But it sounds like both sides aren't really innocent of this.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

A trailer does not a movie make. I think any real praise should be reserved until the house lights come up from seeing it in theaters. I would be a very rich person if I could have a dollar for every time a trailer misled me (for better or worse).

Quote from: Wayne49 on Mon, 15 Feb  2016, 19:35
A trailer does not a movie make. I think any real praise should be reserved until the house lights come up from seeing it in theaters. I would be a very rich person if I could have a dollar for every time a trailer misled me (for better or worse).
I haven't seen any of your posts on this movie, but are you trying to not like this movie? The trailer was awesome, and it seems you're trying to convince yourself the movie wont be good.

Is Wayne49 hating on the new movie, or is he just saying that he'll reserve his judgment until after the film is released?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 15 Feb  2016, 19:47I haven't seen any of your posts on this movie, but are you trying to not like this movie? The trailer was awesome, and it seems you're trying to convince yourself the movie wont be good.
That seems like a bit of a stretch and also it's an opinion that the trailer was awesome. I liked it quite a bit, but if I watched a Batman movie to see him punch things, I'd play the Arkham games. Same with Superman. Fighting isn't really what I'm interested with in these superheroes. I thought him running into the collapsing rubble of Metropolis was far more awesome than any fighting. Being uncertain about a film's quality isn't bad thing.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Mon, 15 Feb  2016, 23:41
on this movie, but are you trying to not like this movie? The trailer was awesome, and it seems you're trying to convince yourself the movie wont be good.
That seems like a bit of a stretch and also it's an opinion that the trailer was awesome. I liked it quite a bit, but if I watched a Batman movie to see him punch things, I'd play the Arkham games. Same with Superman. Fighting isn't really what I'm interested with in these superheroes. I thought him running into the collapsing rubble of Metropolis was far more awesome than any fighting. Being uncertain about a film's quality isn't bad thing.

God bless you! God bless everyone![/quote]I do agree that there should be a lot more to these films than action sequences, but, speaking as a non-gamer, the fight sequence featured in the trailer did look great and promises an entertaining Batman film, because the fact is, fight sequences are pretty much a must for a Batman film, and so they should at least be well directed.  Even Burton, whose Batman films I adore, was never the best director of fight sequences (apart from, perhaps, the belfry fight between Batman and Clive Curtis' goon towards the end of 'Batman '89').

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 15 Feb  2016, 20:28
Is Wayne49 hating on the new movie, or is he just saying that he'll reserve his judgment until after the film is released?

I'm not hating this movie since I plan on seeing it opening weekend. I'm just saying I can't make a final judgment until I've actually seen the movie. I enjoyed the last trailer, but as I stated previously, trailers can deceive for better or worse. So I'm going to refrain from making any sweeping statements. In my opinion, it's too early for that.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Tue, 16 Feb  2016, 00:39
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 15 Feb  2016, 20:28
I'm not hating this movie since I plan on seeing it opening weekend. I'm just saying I can't make a final judgment until I've actually seen the movie. I enjoyed the last trailer, but as I stated previously, trailers can deceive for better or worse. So I'm going to refrain from making any sweeping statements. In my opinion, it's too early for that.
Of course.  I wasn't criticising you.  I was making the point to Travesty that it wasn't clear that you were simply being a hater, not that I think you are.  :)

Maybe I'm hyping myself a little too much from the trailers but it just looks freaking epic to me. I know that doesn't always end up the way you hope (coughX3cough) but I'm excited. If I walk out of there disappointed, so be it. At least it's coming out at the end of March and not the end of May like X3, which was supposed to be the start of a big birthday dealio and I was so mad after the movie I said "eff pizza and ice cream" and everybody just went home lol. I'm going in there expecting a good movie though. Individual actors and performances (Ben and Jesse especially) I will wait and see on, but what we've seen is promising.

So...yeah. That's Kitty's take.