New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Just the way I'd imagined it. How much time until the premiere again?

QuoteAnd who the hell is that in the bathtub? Bruce and Diana?
Looked like Clark and Lois to me.

The opening looked like the Arkham game fighting come to life and makes me want to see Affleck and Irons in a standalone Batman film. Hell, if that's how this Batman is like "slow" for his age, can you imagine what he would've been like when he was younger?
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Thu, 11 Feb  2016, 18:11
Looked like Clark and Lois to me.
That's what I thought.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Thu, 11 Feb  2016, 18:11

The opening looked like the Arkham game fighting come to life and makes me want to see Affleck and Irons in a standalone Batman film. Hell, if that's how this Batman is like "slow" for his age, can you imagine what he would've been like when he was younger?

Amen to that

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 11 Feb  2016, 16:50And the fight scene at the beginning of the trailer suggests that this will feature the best Batman action we've ever seen in live-action (none of that Nolan-style whizzing shaky-cam here - this is slick, clear, coherent action).
I wouldn't say that that matters really. It's just differing styles.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

It's possible we're looking at the best live action Batman.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 12 Feb  2016, 00:03
It's possible we're looking at the best live action Batman.
Er...no.  Tim Burton made them back in 1989 and 1992.  >:(

I prefer Keaton's Batman over the others, but if BvS presents a take that I like even more, then I'll happily crown Affleck my new favorite. Depends on what we see in March, but if I end up preferring Affleck's Batman, it won't make me appreciate Keaton any less.

I predict that I will still probably like certain elements of past interpretations more, such as Keaton's voice, the Burton Batmobile, and the Elfman theme song.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 12 Feb  2016, 21:08
I prefer Keaton's Batman over the others, but if BvS presents a take that I like even more, then I'll happily crown Affleck my new favorite. Depends on what we see in March, but if I end up preferring Affleck's Batman, it won't make me appreciate Keaton any less.

I predict that I will still probably like certain elements of past interpretations more, such as Keaton's voice, the Burton Batmobile, and the Elfman theme song.
Exactly. It's entirely possible the past can be bettered by future interpretations, otherwise what's the point? We may as well shut up shop and keep watching B89 and BR over and over. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, but the show must go on. Liking something else doesn't make the past inferior. In terms of combat and being a billionaire playboy, I can see Affleck being the real deal. Keaton is already revered by the fan base. His legacy is ensured - we all love the guy. Giving Affleck praise isn't going to lessen that. It's good for the character, and I'm sure Keaton would agree.

I have high hopes that the solo Affleck Batman films could, in theory, top Burton's Batman, but I doubt Batman v Superman will simply because Zach Snyder is nowhere near the filmmaker that Burton or Affleck are, and I say that as someone who likes some of Snyder's films (like The Watchmen and the much-maligned Sucker Punch).