What is your favourite action scene in the Burton films?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 19 Jun 2015, 12:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Definitely the first fight with Catwoman on the rooftop.

She's an incredibly resourceful foe, to the point she actually has the upper hand for most part of the battle.
Plus, the ending when she stabbed him with her claws right after he had saved her is a major highlight, since it made her probably the only villain able to deceive Batman.

Coming back to this now, I dig the Axis Chemical shootout quite a bit. It's Batman doing what he does best. The whole "theatricality and deception" thing is used arguably better in that one sequence than in the entire Nolan trilogy. Batman sneaks around the factory, quietly takes out some thugs, openly takes out others, uses the element of surprise to his advantage, escapes the police using his gadgets, it's all just really cool.

In retrospect, I wish we would've seen more of this type of thing in BR.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  6 Jan  2016, 07:57
Coming back to this now, I dig the Axis Chemical shootout quite a bit. It's Batman doing what he does best. The whole "theatricality and deception" thing is used arguably better in that one sequence than in the entire Nolan trilogy. Batman sneaks around the factory, quietly takes out some thugs, openly takes out others, uses the element of surprise to his advantage, escapes the police using his gadgets, it's all just really cool.

The closest thing we get to see that type of theatricality in BR was when Organ Grinder sees Batman's shadow on a wall and then Batman grabs him by the collar. The difference is that Burton focused on Batman's shadow as a visual motif instead of showing action.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  6 Jan  2016, 07:57

That's true, it was an awesome scene all-around.