Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 12 Aug  2023, 04:01It appears WBD and DC Studios are DENYING there is a plan to do another Wonder Woman with Gal Gadot:
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-3-not-in-development-1235693545/

This is despite Gal saying this:

Quote"I was invited to a meeting with James Gunn and Peter Safran," Gadot said, "and what they told me, and I'm quoting: 'You're in the best hands. We're going to develop Wonder Woman 3 with you. [We] love you as Wonder Woman— you've got nothing to worry about.' So time will tell."

Someone is lying, and it's not Gal.

Very suspicious that Gunn has still not addressed anything about Gadot's comments, but took the time to deny a rumour about Affleck making a voice cameo in Blue Beetle.

It seems to me Gunn picks easy targets to debunk, but lacks the courage to address any conflicting statements made by the likes of Gadot and Affleck. And his lies are growing: first he says Cavill was too old to play Superman in his movie, but now he's saying his movie is not about a young Superman.

More people need to wake up and realise this man is taking advantage of a rudderless ship to put more money in his pocket. Giving himself a TV show and a movie to write and/or direct when he's already a CEO, keeping his favourite actors (such as his wife) in the same roles...it's all a blatant conflict of interest.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Nice piece of WW2017 artwork.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Patty Jenkins said this the other day:

QuoteJenkins said on the "Talking Pictures" podcast that her experience with "Wonder Woman" is over "for the time being, easily forever." She directed both "Wonder Woman" and "Wonder Woman 1984," making her one of the most prominent female directors in Hollywood.

"They aren't interested in doing any 'Wonder Woman' for the time being," Jenkins said. "It's not an easy task, with what's going on with DC. James Gunn and Peter Safran have to follow their own heart into their own plans. I don't know what they are planning on doing or why, so I have sympathy for what a big job it is and they have to follow their heart and do what they've got planned."

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/patty-jenkins-rogue-squadron-star-wars-wonder-woman-3-canceled-1235941798/

She tried to keep things professional, but I don't buy her sincerity when she sounds puzzled over Gunn and Safran's motives. As for no plans on doing Wonder Woman for the time being, that would reaffirm what I was saying before about Gunn and Safran lying to Gal Gadot about doing another film with her. I highly doubt their DCU will get very far, but if they were to produce WW, I don't see them keeping Gadot.

It's such a shame that for all the praise the first WW film got and how it was described - and weaponised - as the supposedly only good DCEU film compared to others in such a fledgling franchise, not many of these people are too bothered about what's going on with the character on film right now. And that's a damn shame, because WW2017 is a good film and the character - like other DC characters - deserves better than these fickle fans.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quotehttps://i.imgur.com/mWBY5SA.jpg

Zack Snyder finally explained the concept for Wonder Woman 1854. This never had a script, but had it gone through we would've gotten this instead of the film we saw in 2017.

QuoteZack Snyder had come up with another Wonder Woman story that he would have liked develop as a film that saw Wonder Woman fight in the Crimean War in the 1800s.

The project was known as Wonder Woman 1854, and it would have seen Wonder Woman leave the island to pursue Ares earlier.

According to Snyder, "The idea of that was an early riff we were doing: once Wonder Woman left the island in search of Ares, what happened to her in her different incarnations?"

He added: "My idea for it was that she would travel around the world looking for Ares and she would go to every place where there was conflict."

Wonder Woman 1854 never got as far as being an actual script. but Snyder shared a photo on social media back in 2021, which saw Diana carrying the severed heads of enemies.

The resulting story would have been a combination of love and war. Snyder explained: "On those battlefields she found these lovers, warriors, and they would age out because she is immortal.

He continued: "They would be her lover for ten years or they might die in battle, and it was probably sad for a lot of the guys because they would see her starting to be nice to the next young soldier and be like, 'Oh, I'm being replaced.' But all the guys that she had with her were those loyal warriors she found on the battlefields all over the world."

Snyder confirms that the story would have led Diana to Chris Pine's Steve Trevor. "We talked about if Steve Trevor was there in Crimea. It was never a screenplay, but we talked about it so much that it kind of had its own life."

That sounds like it would've been a great Wonder Woman story to tell! But, it's one that will never end up getting made.

https://geektyrant.com/news/zack-snyder-shares-details-on-scrapped-plans-for-wonder-woman-1854-movie

I'm content with the film we got, but I reckon it handicapped itself a bit when the ending was rewritten. Having been through the horrors of war, as Diana saw of pain and  suffering during WWI, and then coming back a century later to face a greater enemy thanks to Superman's sacrifice, would've made Diana's character arc much richer. Yet despite this retconning, WW84 still had this photo of Diana looking horrified at the rise of Nazi Germany.

I have never seen WW84, but from what I've read this picture was in the film. If that's so then I don't know what Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot were thinking. They went from talking about how the original plan of Diana leaving humanity behind is supposedly going against the character - to have her do nothing and let the Holocaust happen? It doesn't make any sense.

QuoteI have never seen WW84, but from what I've read this picture was in the film. If that's so then I don't know what Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot were thinking. They went from talking about how the original plan of Diana leaving humanity behind is supposedly going against the character - to have her do nothing and let the Holocaust happen? It doesn't make any sense.

Absolutely correct. They were totally tone deaf on handling this character with what was established from earlier. Totally embarrassing that someone actually photoshopped that picture. It's so frustrating that they threw away a terrific opportunity to have an immortal character like Diana be the wisest and most seasoned superhero living and fighting through atrocities throughout the 20th century and how certain events could make her hardened towards humanity and how people like Superman and Batman could convince her that people are worth saving. Instead, they got too focused on how glamorous Diana should be that just draws unwanted attention and how a superhero like her suffers because a cab will stop for a man instead of her.

Interesting to read more about Zack's proposed WW1854.

Honestly, as intriguing as the concept reads, i don't think I would have traded it for what we ended up with with WW2017. As WW2017 was more or less true to what William Moulton Marston depicted with her origin, ect only trading the WW2 setting for WW1.

Having her in Crimea, globetrotting across the globe in search of Ares, taking on multiple lovers, eventually leading to Steve Trevor, ect could be a interesting story. Personally, I would eliminate the subplots of Diana having multiple lovers, with them ageing later having insecurities, ect. I think Zack would be getting dangerously close to "Pearl Harbor" love triangle territory with that stuff in a Wonder Woman movie.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."