Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 23 Jul  2016, 22:32
You should write a comic influence analysis of this next year, Joker. I'm rather poorly read when it comes to Wonder Woman comics, so I won't have much insight into how faithfully it holds to the source material. But I'd be interested in reading an analysis by someone who's better versed in the mythos.
I echo this.

Who else had a huge grin on their face when the Zimmer WW theme began playing?   ;D

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 23 Jul  2016, 22:32
You should write a comic influence analysis of this next year, Joker. I'm rather poorly read when it comes to Wonder Woman comics, so I won't have much insight into how faithfully it holds to the source material. But I'd be interested in reading an analysis by someone who's better versed in the mythos.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 24 Jul  2016, 01:59
I echo this.

Who else had a huge grin on their face when the Zimmer WW theme began playing?   ;D

This guy!  :D

Thanks for the suggestion about doing an analysis. I might attempt it, but really can't say for sure if it's something I can honestly uphold and manage due to school and studies I have going on at the moment. It's definitely something to consider.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

So gorgeous, and love her voice too. To be honest, I'll be following Gal's progress in the DCU the closest. For research purposes...

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 24 Jul  2016, 11:49

I'll be following Gal's progress in the DCU the closest. For research purposes...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

lol

I'm in love with what I've seen so far. Gal is so gorgeous as WW, as Diana, and just in general. Sooooo beautiful. And she was such a badass in BvS, I can't wait to see her more naive and stuff (even though it will probably be heart breaking in places) with this movie.

I'll tell you what I dig. The momentum DC/WB are generating with the Justice League being formed. I bet you there's an end scene between Bruce and Diana. Have Bruce say he has a few more leads and will now approach a guy named Arthur Curry. Diana says he better hurry up, because she fears something bad is approaching Earth and they better be prepared for it. Or whatever. You get the idea. I think JL will be the event film of the DCU. It will leave the cinematic universe in a state of equilibrium. Making the formation of the league more of an arduous task just makes it cooler and special to me. Fingers crossed Suicide Squad references it too.

Patty Jenkins has dismissed claims from some alleged former WB worker who has called the movie "a mess".

Source: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-responds-claim-mess-1201836794/

So, is this somebody who is trying to get attention by jumping on the "hate DCEU" bandwagon...or is there some truth about the movie being subpar? Time will tell.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Aug  2016, 10:47
Patty Jenkins has dismissed claims from some alleged former WB worker who has called the movie "a mess".

Source: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-responds-claim-mess-1201836794/

So, is this somebody who is trying to get attention by jumping on the "hate DCEU" bandwagon...or is there some truth about the movie being subpar? Time will tell.
This is the first time I've heard about this.

Of all the DCEU films, I would have thought this one stood the best chance of being decent.

If this one does turn out to be a 'mess' and gets the same critical mauling that MOS, BvS and SS got, I really hope WB reboots.

DC fans deserve better than a subpar franchise that does well at the box-office but fails in every other possible way.  DC fans deserve movies that are as good as the MCU ones.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Aug  2016, 10:47

It's rubbish. Nothing to see here. As the batman-online social media accounts say, the Internet fans the flames on an ice cube these days. The film is still 10 months away. If you want to put any credible worth into gossip, put it into Devin Faraci. He's saying the movie will be gold. Disgruntled and bitter ex employees are just that.