Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Feb  2016, 19:26
George Miller was set to direct it, and who wouldn't want to see a comic-book movie from the guy who made Max Max?

Yup. Following the overwhelming positive reaction to Mad Max Fury Road, one can certainly see WHY fans would want to do a documentary on Miller's cancelled Justice League film. Similar to Burton's Superman Lives, it's just one of those projects people can't help but wonder about. Especially since both were so very close to actually getting made.....

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 18 Feb  2016, 22:59
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Feb  2016, 19:26
George Miller was set to direct it, and who wouldn't want to see a comic-book movie from the guy who made Max Max?

Yup. Following the overwhelming positive reaction to Mad Max Fury Road, one can certainly see WHY fans would want to do a documentary on Miller's cancelled Justice League film. Similar to Burton's Superman Lives, it's just one of those projects people can't help but wonder about. Especially since both were so very close to actually getting made.....
On the topic, does anyone know how one can watch the Superman Lives documentary?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'm not sure either, but I'd like to see it. I would've preferred Superman Lives to Superman Returns. I do wonder how it would've been received by the public though. It's easy to say it would've been better in hindsight. I think it would've been divisive, moreso than Batman Returns, but would've grown a cult following.

Superman Lives is a very interesting documentary.  Here is a link to watch it if anyone is interested

http://putlocker.is/watch-the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened-online-free-putlocker.html

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 19 Feb  2016, 02:57
I'm not sure either, but I'd like to see it. I would've preferred Superman Lives to Superman Returns. I do wonder how it would've been received by the public though. It's easy to say it would've been better in hindsight. I think it would've been divisive, moreso than Batman Returns, but would've grown a cult following.
I totally agree.

As much as I love Batman Returns, I see it almost as a superior Elseworlds version of Batman rather than a definitive interpretation of the comic-book characters, and I suspect I'd feel the same way about a Superman film featuring Nicholas Cage in the lead role.  Cage would be far from the type of actor I'd ideally picture as Superman, and yet I am certain that he and Burton would have come up with a fascinating, challenging, unique interpretation of Superman that focused on the character's status as an alien outsider trying to adapt to a world that feared him as much as it celebrated him.

First look at Amazonian characters: Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), General Antiope (Robin Wright) and her lieutenant, Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli).

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

See, things are already looking up for the future!  :)

I liked Gal in BvS, and I'm eager to see her solo film. She's sexy, kicks serious ass and has a lovely mythology surrounding her. I can definitely see Gal and WW becoming a favourite of mine.

Gal was indeed awesome in the role, and I can safely say I am looking VERY much forward to Wonder Woman's own feature film next summer! I also enjoyed how the 1918 photograph figured in BvS, giving us a slight taste of what we'll see next year.

Looks like Wayne Enterprises' presence will be figured into the 'present day' part of Wonder Woman!