Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Just when I thought my IQ couldn't have dropped any further from reading people's overreactions about the DCEU in the last three and a half years, this has taken the cake.

Some clickbait sites are making a big deal about some "angry reactions" (possibly from feminists if true) over Wonder Woman showing hairless armpits while lifting a car in the latest trailer. I wish I was kidding, but sadly, I'm not. Look it up on Google, read it and weep.

I give up on humanity.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

These are fantasy films based on characters with near-impossible and certainly highly idealised body proportions and complexions.  It may not be very PC or whatever, but it stands to reason that these characters, female and male, will generally be better-looking and thus stronger, more athletically-built, smoother skinned, and, yes, bereft of a profusion of hair in unflattering places, than the average person in the real world, or even for that matter the average character in a regular, non-fantastical/non-superhero movie.

So yeah, the complaints about Wonder Woman's hairless armpits strike me as absurd (and no doubt that makes me a 'sexist'), but it isn't double-standards.  One would expect, and more often than not get, similar body-perfect standards for the male characters in these films.  That's just the nature of the superhero genre.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Some people have way too much free time on their hands.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I did like the latest trailer. We're going to see young Diana, just as we've seen the childhoods of Clark and Bruce. And I think that's nifty because it really gets to the roots of the characters. I'm hopeful about the action scenes too.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 21 Mar  2017, 13:28
These are fantasy films

Yes, fantasy, I think people forget that.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 21 Mar  2017, 12:24
Just when I thought my IQ couldn't have dropped any further from reading people's overreactions about the DCEU in the last three and a half years, this has taken the cake.

Some clickbait sites are making a big deal about some "angry reactions" (possibly from feminists if true) over Wonder Woman showing hairless armpits while lifting a car in the latest trailer. I wish I was kidding, but sadly, I'm not. Look it up on Google, read it and weep.

I give up on humanity.

Un. f***ing. Believable.

Well, actually, in this day and age, anything is believable. I give up too. My generation is just...ugh. f***ing MORONS.

Wonder Woman in the upcoming Justice League film.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's got to be my favorite comic book costume for a female character alongside BR's Catwoman. It's pretty much perfect.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 23 Mar  2017, 14:26
Un. f***ing. Believable.

Well, actually, in this day and age, anything is believable. I give up too. My generation is just...ugh. f***ing MORONS.

It gets even worse. A website called The AV Club wrote a stupid article analysing how the Wonder Woman JL poster...looks like she's pissing fire. And use that as an excuse to attack Zack Snyder by suggesting he must've Photoshopped the posters himself.

They think the poster is awkward. No, AV Club, it is YOU who are the ones are awkward. Goddamn mentally deficient, clickbait hungry wankers.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei