Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat,  5 Nov  2016, 01:28
Good write up, Joker! Admittedly, I know nothing about the Wonder Woman mythos, but the evidence you brought up is hard to dismiss.

Who do you think Danny Huston will be playing? I predict it will be Ares.

Thanks!

I agree with your prediction.

It seems like the most logical choice. Especially going off the latest trailer.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

New image of Gal's Wonder Woman released.

Hahaha, Gal Gadot has slammed the fuss that got Wonder Woman removed as a UN ambassador.

Last week, we reported on the United Nation's decision to remove Wonder Woman's status as an honorary ambassador due to a petition which questioned whether she would be the best role model for a campaign championing gender equality and female empowerment.  Today, Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot has broken her silence.  "There are so many horrible things that are going on in the world, and this is what you're protesting, seriously?" said an incredulous Gadot.

In direct response to the petition's of Wonder Woman's "impossible proportions", and "large breasts" Gadot questioned the double-standard behind such reasoning.

"When people argue that Wonder Woman should 'cover up,' I don't quite get it.  They say, 'If she's smart and strong, she can't also be sexy.' That's not fair. Why can't she be all of the above?"

You tell 'em, Gal.

Source: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/gal-gadot-comments-on-critics-that-cost-wonder-woman-her-un-a147600
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Feminism is basically a vehicle for giving society's most unattractive women an artificially better self-image through external means. It shouldn't be a surprise when Wonder Woman gets beauty-shamed and achievement-shamed like this.

Exactly colorful one. I admire Gal in her reply. This is an empowered woman who fights evil and just so happens to look smoking hot while doing so. Get over it, SJW'ers. WonderGal is my hero of choice and this pathetic UN snub doesn't change that. In fact, it only strengthens my stance. As Gal says, it's okay to be strong and smart, but not sexy as well. What a head scratcher. Let sexy women be sexy. If you're a cave troll, that's just how it is. But that ain't Gal.  ;D

Some DC comic writers/artists are tweeting how disappointed they are about this, and how the people triggered don't get what Wonder Woman stands for as a symbol.

If Superman can be a symbol and has a "perfect body", then I don't see the double standards for Wonder Woman.

Oh well. It's going to be awkward when the UN is under attack and Wonder Woman is the only available hero to help.

What I like about this film, is that it doesn't seem pretentious. It doesn't come off as feminist propaganda. I'm positive this isn't going to be another man hating Girlbusters Part Two. Patty Jenkins' comments about Wonder Woman gave me a lot hope to begin with:

"It's total wish-fulfillment. I, as a woman, want Wonder Woman to be hot as hell, fight badass, and look great at the same time – the same way men want Superman to have huge pecs and an impractically big body. That makes them feel like the hero they want to be. And my hero, in my head, has really long legs."

Seriously, good on her. That's the type of refreshing commentary we need. DC and Patty didn't sell out. It's more that men love Diana and want her to be safe, but she fights on regardless. "What I do is not up to you". She's independent (she's not a slave) and at the same time, is on a voyage of discovery. I see WonderGal being a female James Bond. Someone men want to be with, and someone women want to be. That's the right mix. Everyone leaves satisfied.

I'm really excited for this movie.

Nice post!

Also, I don't think it's been said but the composer for the 2017 Wonder Woman film will be Rupert Gregson-Williams. If I actually told you some of his earlier credits, you'd probably laugh, however he has a fantastic understanding of how to craft melodies and I am personally excited to hear what he comes up with for Wonder Woman.

And just cause I want to post another Gal image.