Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Both Captain America films are great, they got better for me upon re-watching.

Good if they're going for a similar feel to The First Avenger with Wonder Woman.

That DC Films special last night released footage of the film already.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Very good choice! I also hope Carter gets a nice cameo, not throw away but something a bit integral to the plot of the film.

Wed, 20 Jan 2016, 15:24 #13 Last Edit: Wed, 20 Jan 2016, 15:42 by The Joker
Looks sweet!

I really hope they knock it out of the park with this. Being a guy who's read and owns a few long boxes of Wonder Woman comics, in addition to having read several books analyzing her history and character, it kinda goes without saying just how much I'm looking forward to this film!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

And I am so happy they are finally giving this classic character, Wonder Woman, and her world, importance, and not just give all the attention in the DCEU and JLA to Batman and Superman and adapting more recent stories and proeminent characters.

Am I the only one who thought it would be kinda neat if Carter played Hippolyta?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 17:32
Am I the only one who thought it would be kinda neat if Carter played Hippolyta?

No.

Funny, they wanted Adam West to play Thomas Wayne in 1989 and he refused. I wonder if they ever considered Lynda for Hyppolita.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Fri, 22 Jan  2016, 01:14
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 17:32

No.

Funny, they wanted Adam West to play Thomas Wayne in 1989 and he refused. I wonder if they ever considered Lynda for Hyppolita.
I love Adam West as Batman.  Out of all the actors who have played the character he's arguably the one who most resembles Bruce Wayne (although Ben Affleck will come close I expect).  But I think it would have taken audiences out of the film had he been cast as Thomas Wayne in Batman '89.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

In retrospect, I would have loved it.

Or at least if he was the Mayor in one of the sequels...  :)

...or the Gray Ghost.  8)

Because it's the Wonder Woman thread, here's the concept artwork that was released awhile back in deciding her cinematic look.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."