The Ending (SPOILERS)

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 23 Jul 2012, 21:12

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't think it takes resources to identify someone's identity. It's instant because you never forget a face. That's why celebrities are constantly hound by members of the public on a daily basis. And even if they're unsure of their identity, they'll say "hey...do people say you look a lot like (insert name here)?"

Seriously though, if Bruce wants a relaxed, 'leave me alone' lifestyle in retirement, faking your death isn't the way to go. Why live with that added stress? Moving around from country to country, if he wants to, with fake passports and the inevitable comparisons to Wayne, and obviously being discovered, is unnecessary in my eyes.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 29 Dec  2015, 06:30
I don't think it takes resources to identify someone's identity. It's instant because you never forget a face. That's why celebrities are constantly hound by members of the public on a daily basis. And even if they're unsure of their identity, they'll say "hey...do people say you look a lot like (insert name here)?"

Seriously though, if Bruce wants a relaxed, 'leave me alone' lifestyle in retirement, faking your death isn't the way to go. Why live with that added stress? Moving around from country to country, if he wants to, with fake passports and the inevitable comparisons to Wayne, and obviously being discovered, is unnecessary in my eyes.

Didn't Ra's al Ghul once mention in BB that the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear? And yet, here he is with Selina Kyle in this European cafe, seemingly unnoticed by anyone else except for Alfred.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 30 Dec  2015, 06:16Didn't Ra's al Ghul once mention in BB that the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear? And yet, here he is with Selina Kyle in this European cafe, seemingly unnoticed by anyone else except for Alfred.
I could No Prize that by saying that Bruce was conspicuously absent from Gotham City in Batman Begins to go travel the world. That was (or would've been) a Missing Persons case.

But in TDKRises (there's only one "TDKR", people, and Chris Nolan had nothing to do with it) Gotham City was attacked by maniacs and basically occupied by a hostile foreign force where a lot of citizens, particularly the top 1%, were murdered. That along with Bruce being declared dead by Alfred after Batman saved the day and having a funeral and even a grave site people can visit would be enough to take attention away from him.

It's the Osama bin Laden effect. If you looked out your window and saw Osama bin Laden walking down your street, you probably wouldn't say that it's Osama bin Laden. You'd think to yourself that he looks like Osama bin Laden and then go back to your business. Yes, this analogy worked better when Osama bin Laden was actually alive but you get the idea.

Same thing with Bruce. If he was noticed overseas, most people wouldn't think "Holy schnikies, that's Bruce Wayne!" If they noticed him at all, they'd think nothing more than "Holy schnikies, that dude looks just like Bruce Wayne, may he rest in peace!"

Ra's al Ghul wasn't making a prophecy or something when he said the world is too small for someone of Bruce's stature to just vanish. Ra's was just saying he's good at this sort of thing. Besides Bruce was basically "hiding" in Ra's's back yard. It's not like Ra's had to employ thousands of agents and travel across the entire continent to "find" Bruce or anything.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 30 Dec  2015, 09:33But in TDKRises (there's only one "TDKR", people, and Chris Nolan had nothing to do with it) Gotham City was attacked by maniacs and basically occupied by a hostile foreign force where a lot of citizens, particularly the top 1%, were murdered. That along with Bruce being declared dead by Alfred after Batman saved the day and having a funeral and even a grave site people can visit would be enough to take attention away from him.

It's the Osama bin Laden effect. If you looked out your window and saw Osama bin Laden walking down your street, you probably wouldn't say that it's Osama bin Laden. You'd think to yourself that he looks like Osama bin Laden and then go back to your business. Yes, this analogy worked better when Osama bin Laden was actually alive but you get the idea.

Same thing with Bruce. If he was noticed overseas, most people wouldn't think "Holy schnikies, that's Bruce Wayne!" If they noticed him at all, they'd think nothing more than "Holy schnikies, that dude looks just like Bruce Wayne, may he rest in peace!"

Ra's al Ghul wasn't making a prophecy or something when he said the world is too small for someone of Bruce's stature to just vanish. Ra's was just saying he's good at this sort of thing. Besides Bruce was basically "hiding" in Ra's's back yard. It's not like Ra's had to employ thousands of agents and travel across the entire continent to "find" Bruce or anything.
That's basically what I was saying. Thank you.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

;D
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...