Poison Ivy

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 3 Sep 2015, 10:28

Previous topic - Next topic
In my opinion, Poison Ivy has to be the most deranged villain of the entire show, including Joker. Here are my reasons:

• She holds a strong contempt for humanity for its neglect of plant life. Every time she witnesses her mutant plant abominations getting destroyed by Batman, she is overwhelmed by distress.
  • She tricked Harvey Dent by faking her love for him and nearly poisoned him to death.
  • She organized a holiday resort to lure guests so she could turn them into trees and plants.
  • She lied about her new start on life by abducting an innocent man and created a plant-copy of him and his children, and they mutate into hideous monsters.
  • The only human being she has any friendly contact with is Harley Quinn, another lunatic.

Suffice to say, this girl is nuts.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Harley's not a lunatic!  >:( She's just....um...well the word escapes me atm.  :-\ lol

I have to agree about Ivy to a degree (most deranged? did you see Maxie Zeus's episode? lol). I think a totally telling scene is where she refuses to give Batsy the antidote to save Harvey so he threatens to destroy the last rose. She gives in as though it's either her quest to kill Harv or the life of her child. Which to wacky Greenpeace peeps may seem noble but to us sane people.....well we wouldn't have tried to kill Harv in the first place lol.

She was so freaking sexy though. Her flashback in the "Almost Got 'im" episode.....yes please....

Quotemost deranged? did you see Maxie Zeus's episode? lol

I do agree that Maxie Zeus was insane, it's just I couldn't help but pity him. If you look at the scene where his girlfriend was begging him to stop, there is a moment where it looks like he wants to, but he couldn't keep himself under control. His madness made him a victim, in a way. But I must admit that I do laugh when he called Batman "Lord Hades" a couple of times.  ;D

QuoteI think a totally telling scene is where she refuses to give Batsy the antidote to save Harvey so he threatens to destroy the last rose. She gives in as though it's either her quest to kill Harv or the life of her child.

Exactly. That shows how far she is removed from humanity if she values simple plants over people. I bet she turned her skin green in TNBA because she wanted to become less human-looking as possible.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

In her defense though, with her abilities to control the plants and stuff, I suppose after a while (would be nice if we knew just how long she had been that way before "Pretty Poison," that would answer a lot) it would become natural for her to feel that way. She was mother nature and those were her children. Which is crazy to you or me but hell if I could make silverware do my every command, I would probably lose it everytime someone bent a spoon for the hell of it lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu,  3 Sep  2015, 11:41

She was so freaking sexy though. Her flashback in the "Almost Got 'im" episode.....yes please....

Poison Ivy looks pretty good.  :-*

I've got to watch that episode again. It was one of the best too.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Fri,  4 Sep  2015, 01:30
Poison Ivy looks pretty good.  :-*
Yeah for sure.  What is it Clooney says in 'Batman & Robin'?  "Nice stems and buds".  :-*
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I found this nice interview with Poison Ivy actress Diane Pershing talking about her experience working on BTAS and the impact she made as the character.