Joker Vans For Sale

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 9 Apr 2015, 23:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 9 Apr 2015, 23:39 Last Edit: Thu, 9 Apr 2015, 23:41 by Slash Man
Does your town need an enema? Do you have a following of loyal goons, but no means of transportation? Do you like in the United Kingdom? If you answered 'yes' to all of these, then it looks like you need some Joker Vans!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281650788491
The good news? These have haven't changed hands since being used for the film. The bad news? They've been exposed to the elements for over two decades. The pictures speak for themselves. It's sad, but at least now there's an opportunity to see them restored to their former glory.

To be honest, I didn't even know this van was in the movie for the longest time. If I'm not mistaken, Mego made the first Joker Van (as the Joker Mobile) in 1974, and since then, it's become Joker's iconic vehicle - almost like his Batmobile. So with the Joker Van toys in the 1989 line, I just assumed it was capitalizing on this. In the movie, I believe it's only seen in one scene; parked outside the museum as Batman and Vicki escape. It seems only one was used, and the other was a backup. Good luck matching that onscreen. Either way, it looks like only two were made, and they're both up for grabs in the same lot.
Here's the original

Fast forward 26 years...

At least the seller was realistic with their price, and it's already racked up 4 bids (sitting at a modest $1,148.88). Usually, it's a debate as to whether people want to restore bad condition cars, or keep them as they are - unaltered. Personally, I'd LOVE to see these babies brought back to their purple glory. Like I said before this is THE quintessential Joker vehicle. Though at the very least, get them to a home where no more harm can come to them.

EDIT: Looks like this has already been shared on the Batman-Online page

Prepare to get sad, 1989Batman.com has on-set pictures of the original.

Anyone hear any updates on this? Due to the relatively low price that they sold for, it's not a given that they're getting a full restoration job, but I hope that the new owner at least maintains them and takes steps to keep them from further deteriorating.