terminator genysis

Started by riddler, Thu, 6 Aug 2015, 09:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 29 Dec  2015, 06:38I would agree. Genesis dared to go against the grain and do something different. The mainstream were so used to the established, autopilot timeline they had been presented with. Anything new automatically meant it was out of place and out of character. This film justified itself a whole lot more than the mediocre Salavation.
I agree... but at least Salvation showed us the Resistance, which had only been glimpsed before. It wasn't new but at least it was a novelty.

T3? If Stahl and Danes weren't as good as they were, people would make fun of the movie even more than they already do.

In fact, I'd probably like Salvation even more if it wasn't for the fact that the production of that movie proved once and for all what a complete prick Christian Bale is.

But, man, Genisys deserved better than it got. It's rare that a movie tanks it at the box office when I truly enjoyed it (Speed Racer and Watchmen are other major examples) but that's what happened with Genisys and as a result the franchise is probably back on ice once again.

It's a damn shame, I'm telling you.

I saw Genisys five months ago. I'd happily admit that it was a fun diversion and not the worst way to spend two hours. But I do believe that the movie was screwed when the trailers stupidly spoiled the whole John Connor twist. People would still complain about it, but it could've been up there with the biggest shock since Ben Kingsley's Mandarin hoax.

I see the film as the happy send-off to the franchise. I can take or leave the post-credit scene.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei