DC Cinematic Universe Plans Announced

Started by BatmAngelus, Wed, 15 Oct 2014, 18:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat,  8 Aug  2015, 06:33
As much as we love Batman around here, I hope this doesn't mean he'll be stealing the spotlight away from the other Justice League heroes. In my opinion, Avengers were successful because nearly all the members of the team had a chance to shine and have their moment. If JL did the opposite, I think the films will suffer.
It makes sound business sense, though. Particularly if the Aquaman and Flash movies don't resonate with the audiences as hoped. These films cost a lot of money to make, and recouping your investment is the name of the game. Batman is a proven hit. Superman is still somewhat in the wilderness with the general public even though MoS can be deemed a success. I think that's why they opted for Batman v Superman instead of a solo Superman MoS followup. To send the box office into the stratosphere. I hope Superman has a sizeable role going forward, but I have to admit as a Batman fan, he's my main interest in this new universe. And I'm sure WB know this. And they'll surely respond accordingly.