Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 4 Feb 2017, 21:18

Previous topic - Next topic
This movie was announced way back in 2008. In fact it was meant to be the third DC animated movie after Superman: Doomsday and Justice League: The New Frontier, but for some reason it kept getting delayed. Now it's finally coming out in 2017 and the voice cast includes Christina Ricci, Taissa Farmiga and Miguel Ferrer.

On the subject of Ferrer, I'm sure most people will have heard he passed away last month at the age of 61 following a battle with throat cancer. I've been a fan of Ferrer's ever since I saw RoboCop as a kid. Few actors could deliver a sarcastic one-liner like he could. I'm also a huge Twin Peaks fanatic and have habitually re-watched the enitre series every year since I was a student. Agent Albert Rosenfield was my second favourite character after Agent Cooper, and I'd just finished re-watching his debut episode when I heard Ferrer had died. :(

In real life, Ferrer was a massive comic book fan and performed voice work for numerous DC animated productions, including Superman: The Animated Series, The Batman, Justice League: The New Frontier (in which his Twin Peaks co-star Kyle MacLachlan voiced Superman) and Young Justice. He also played the villainous Weather Man in the 1997 live action Justice League of America TV movie, and he's voicing Deathstroke in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.

A lot of his friends and co-stars Tweeted their sorrow at his passing, including Chris O'Donnell, Mark Hamill and Kyle MacLachlan. His parents were actor José Ferrer and singer Rosemary Clooney, and his cousin was none other than George Clooney. Apparently the first thing George did after landing the lead in Batman & Robin was to phone Miguel and tell him, knowing he was a huge Batman fan and would be thrilled by the news.

This subject gives me an excuse to post one of my favourite DC Comics related pictures, taken at their office in 1987. Obviously that's Ferrer on the right. But I'll serve a damn fine cup of steaming black coffee to anyone who can identify the other people present (without Googling it).