Batman to cross over with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 11 Jul 2015, 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Crossover Announced

DC Comics and IDW Publishing are teaming up for a six-issue miniseries kicking off in November starring two of their biggest superhero properties: Batman and the Heroes in a Half Shell. Sure, he's fought the crocodile monster living in the sewers and mutated Man-Bats, but can he team up with the Turtles from underground, too?

In the simply titled Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, jointly published by the two companies, the TMNT and their villain Shredder get transported to an alternate universe by General Krang. Here, in Gotham City, they meet Batman and clash with a series of his famous Rogue's Gallery while attempting to find their way home. James Tynion IV will write the series, with Freddie E. Williams II on art. TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman (and others) will provide variant covers.

This is probably the closest fans will get to a "Batman/Daredevil" crossover that was teased to no fruition a few years ago at various conventions. The TMNT originally started out as a parody of Daredevil, with their origin initially stemming from the same chemical that burned a young hero's eyes, then pouring into the sewer. Where Daredevil fought the ninja clan known as the Hand, the Turtles fought the Foot clan. Daredevil was trained by Stick, the Turtles trained by Splinter.

Tynion says that the book is "a fanboy dream come true," and loves looking at "the world of Batman through new eyes" in a press release. Stay tuned for more on this crossover as it approaches its November 2015 release.

Source: http://comicbook.com/2015/07/10/batman-and-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-crossover-announced/

I realize that this is long overdue. I would've been dying for a crossover like this when I was a kid. No doubts there will be some fans here who will look forward to this.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Yawn. Hopefully Batman kills all the Turtles and then goes after Splinter.

Sorry, probably shouldn't have typed that. I've been in a dark mood recently. But anyway, I guess this could be similar to Batman working with Spider-Man. Young wisecrackers and the brooding adult.

I wonder if they'll introduce him to pizza! lol

I've been catching up on this today and read the first three issues that have been released.

It's a pretty fun crossover so far. The Turtles and the Foot Clan find themselves transported to Batman's dimension thanks to Krang, and Shredder has abducted a former Wayne Enterprises scientist to build a portal to return home, but later decides to look into taking over Gotham City following his double-crossing of the Penguin. Batman investigates the Turtles and the Foot Clan, and learns that because Splinter and the Turtles don't belong in his dimension, the mutagen in their DNA will wear off and they will completely morph back into their natural animal form. As expected, the Turtles' wise-cracking attitude contrasts Batman's stern demeanor. And yes, like all crossovers, they fight, and the Bat kicks their asses, but they soon agree to join forces to stop Shredder and get the Turtles back home.

I'll check out the rest of the series as soon as the next issues come out.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Awesome art of Keaton's Batman and the 1990 Ninja Turtles film version. I wish I knew who drew it.