Batman Unchained

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 16 Jun 2015, 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Tue, 16 Jun  2015, 20:36
While Scarecrow (Schumacher's choice was Nicholas Cage) and Harley Quinn were definitely in his draft, it turns out that they were considering Courtney Love for the role. Madonna is often mentioned in conjunction with the role

If Madonna was seriously in the running to play Harley Quinn, she finally got her wish...for this year's Halloween, that is. At the age of sixty three.  :-\

The 2016 Suicide Squad version of Harley Quinn is still relevant to this day, it seems.

Seriously though, had Batman Unchained been greenlit, I reckon Madonna would've turned the role down and then go on talk shows expressing her regrets over her decision, as she did for Catwoman in BR.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Interesting.

I guess if it came down to 1998 Madonna vs 1998 Courtney Love, I would have to go with Madonna on that one. Love showed some promise in "The People vs. Larry Flynt", and the Andy Kaufman biopic "Man on the Moon" (not a big Carrey fan, but I do like this movie quite a bit), but I just don't find her remotely attractive. Not even back then.

Funnily enough, Madonna was the most attractive to me, when she had black hair rather than being a blonde. Like around, "A League of their Own", to somewhere after "With Honors" look. 1992-1995-ish. The dark hair, pale skin, blue eyes (though I lean more with green eyes) look worked best with me.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Definitely would have preferred Madonna over Courtney Love as that era's Harley Quinn, especially due to her strong resemblance to actress Olga Baclanova from The Man Who Laughs, whose character is sexually drawn to the title character's permanent grin.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."