Dave Lea Appreciation

Started by Slash Man, Fri, 22 May 2015, 19:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 28 Aug  2022, 18:50
If you look at this shot towards the end of the alley fight, note where the unconscious goons are lying. Mac McDonald's goon is lying on the rubbish heap where Batman kicked him, but the positions of the other two goons don't correspond with where they fell in the finished fight scene.

This suggests to me that an entirely different version of the fight scene might have been shot with Keaton, McCabe and Newman, climaxing in the one-on-one duel between Batman and Bob, before the sequence was scrapped and reshot with Lea. Either that or the positions of the fallen goons are just a continuity error.
I think you're on to something there. The fact that one goon's position lines up, but the others don't would seem to suggest that the rest was redone. It's fascinating how little we know about deleted scenes from these movies, some were only revealed by 1989batman's still images.

Quote from: Slash Man on Wed, 21 Sep  2022, 03:12
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 28 Aug  2022, 18:50
If you look at this shot towards the end of the alley fight, note where the unconscious goons are lying. Mac McDonald's goon is lying on the rubbish heap where Batman kicked him, but the positions of the other two goons don't correspond with where they fell in the finished fight scene.

This suggests to me that an entirely different version of the fight scene might have been shot with Keaton, McCabe and Newman, climaxing in the one-on-one duel between Batman and Bob, before the sequence was scrapped and reshot with Lea. Either that or the positions of the fallen goons are just a continuity error.
I think you're on to something there. The fact that one goon's position lines up, but the others don't would seem to suggest that the rest was redone. It's fascinating how little we know about deleted scenes from these movies, some were only revealed by 1989batman's still images.

Jon Peters recently spoke about this scene in an interview with Joe Rogan.