Batman v Superman teaser

Started by Slash Man, Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Originally, the Batplane wasn't too fancy, simply a modified fighter jet, and I'm kinda seeing that here. Again, the whole "sleekness" element of Batman's vehicles was missing in recent films, hopefully we'll get that back.

I'm honestly unsure if that's really the Batwing or a LexCorp jet.

If it is the Batwing, I like the comparison that Slash Man brought up. It's way better than The Crab, I mean, The Bat from the last movie, but I prefer the bat-shaped ones from B89 and Batman Forever.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

It depends if it has any bat features to be spoken of. I don't wanna go from a flying lump of black cube to a flying flat black triangle. They need to shake off this militaristic design sh*t of the arsenal. It's really begun to piss me off.

I still can't believe there are some fans who laughed at the old Batwing and applauded what I refer to as either "the Ladybug" or "the poorer man's Batcopter". What the frig are those fans "on"?

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue, 28 Apr  2015, 22:19
They need to shake off this militaristic design sh*t of the arsenal. It's really begun to piss me off.

This.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue, 28 Apr  2015, 22:19
I still can't believe there are some fans who laughed at the old Batwing and applauded what I refer to as either "the Ladybug" or "the poorer man's Batcopter". What the frig are those fans "on"?

Should this really be surprising to you by now? Most Batman fans on the internet nowadays are apologetic of comic book characters coming to life on the big screen. They're the ones who are openly against Batman teaming up with Superman or whoever because they think it's "unrealistic" that Batman can work with other superhuman heroes, or fight other superhuman villains. But strangely, they have no problems with any of that in the comics or cartoons. When you compare them to Marvel fans, who get excited of seeing characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy or one of the Avengers facing off against each other, you realize how sad most of these so-called Batman fans are. Thankfully, they don't visit this forum.  :-X

Anyway, enjoy this fan-edited version of the BvS teaser with Michael Keaton and Christopher Reeve. The crazed look in both of their faces near the end as they face each other off scared the sh*t out of me. Keaton definitely had that psychotic look at times...but make no mistake about it, Reeve could be scary to look at too. That Superman III junkyard fight was scary to watch as a kid.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Henry Cavill has confirmed what most people thought: that Dawn of Justice is NOT a sequel to Man of Steel, but rather a prequel to the Justice League.

Source: http://sciencefiction.com/2015/04/23/henry-cavill-agrees-rest-us-batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-isnt-sequel-man-steel/

Although it's confirmed that the incidents in Man of Steel will be addressed (unless it's all window dressing), I do worry if the film ends up being biased towards one of the main characters.

Here are two new pictures of Batfleck: one without the Superman symbol covering his eyes, and an unofficial upper body shot of him.

Source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/batman-v-superman-purported-new-photos-of-ben-afflecks-batman

Without any doubt, the best live action Batsuit we've had in a long, long time.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Thanks for the photos, Laughing Fish. I agree this is an impressive batsuit, and equally placed with Keaton's designs even though they take different approaches. In terms of adapting the DKR/Arkham aesthetic, this is absolutely perfect. Well done to all involved.

He totally has the look. Now he's got to bring it to life!

I know we have only seen the teaser and don't know much about the film yet, but I thought I'd start the discussion by asking how Batman's relationship with Superman will progress in the movie, as well as how Batman will be depicted in the upcoming film.

The biggest assumption from many people, me included, is that Batman is very threatened by Superman and doesn't trust him following the events in Man of Steel. I'm not too crazy about Batman returning from retirement again if the rumours are true. But if it does happen, I hope that this time Superman's emergence in addition to Bruce Wayne's guilt for the deaths of people he cared for will spur him onto becoming Batman yet again. Judging from the set pieces of Ben Affleck, I predict his Bruce will still be involved in the public eye, yet his Batman will be uncompromising similar to Miller's Batman, or even Keaton's Batman i.e. the shot of the Batwing gunning down crooks in the trailer.

So it will be interesting to see at what point Batman's appearance will take place in the film, and how will it occur. I wouldn't be surprised if Batman's certain style of vigilantism catches Superman's attention in the wrong way, leading him to investigate in Gotham. Batman might call out on Superman and accuse him of having a double standard; arguing that Superman doesn't have to answer to anybody either, especially if collateral damage is involved. Some of the comics I've read that starred Batman and Superman together included how the two heroes have vastly different ideologies to each other, despite sharing a common goal to keep the peace. Batman tends to do whatever it takes to break the rules, whereas Superman prefers to trust the common man and not to break certain boundaries. Sure, people will complain that Superman killing Zod right in the first movie undermines that tension, but I strongly doubt Superman will kill every criminal he encounters. The same goes for Batman too.

An intriguing point that a friend of mine mentioned that this movie might be changing aspects of the The Dark Knight Returns' storyline to suit Superman's arc: how the public reacts to Superman. Instead of having people in Gotham debate whether Batman is good or bad for society, it looks like we'll be seeing dividing sides of the spectrum debating about Superman. One group will worship him as a god for saving the world from genocide and continued heroism, whereas the other group will see him as a monster and blame his existence for creating such disasters like Zod's attempted invasion on Earth in the first place. I wouldn't be surprise if Lex Luthor starts a smear campaign to demonise Superman, which tricks Batman in the process at first.

Just another mash-up video for fun.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."