will The Amazing Spider-Man movies be forgotten in the future?

Started by mrrockey, Mon, 2 Mar 2015, 02:12

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 25 Apr  2021, 13:46
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 13 Aug  2017, 20:14
The soundtrack. TASM2 has the best spidey score outside of the Raimi trilogy.
It's so true. Hans doesn't get enough recognition for this score. 

Take this track from the complete recording sessions which I've been listening to recently:

As good as anything from the Man of Steel soundtrack, as far as I am concerned, and absolutely appropriate for Spider-Man. Of all the composers so far Hans nailed the youthful energy of the character, while still providing poignancy. The man can bring so much emotion with those piano notes of his.
I agree. The Raimi movies had good scores. But none of them grab me the way Zimmer's ASM2 score does. The electronic/dub step thing was a good way to musically update the character for modern audiences. "I Need to Know", "The Rest of My Life/You're That Spider Guy" and "Cold War" are probably my favorite tracks on the whole score. Zimmer delivered the goods a thousand times over with this music.

The guy knows how to meet the occasion with big budget pressure cookers. He's proven himself to me in that regard.

I'm eager to hear his score for No Time To Die. That's yet another iconic character under his belt after Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Spider-Man. And not forgetting his work on Mission Impossible 2. There's a score sample which was extracted from a No Time To Die podcast called 'Back To MI6'.

The best way I could describe it would be 'Why Do We Fall?' from TDK Rises but Bondified. He helped with the Billie Eilish melody and you can tell. The piano work is there, and he's going to be using it throughout the score. I think it's going to be great. He bought Jonny Marr back to provide "lots of guitar". Anyone who enjoys the Inception and TASM2 scores has to be excited about that.

Check out the complete TASM2 recording sessions if you enjoy the score.

Keep an ear out for these tracks:

Logos
The Opening
Spidey Logo
Truck Chase
Graduation
Flying Montage
Peter Visits Harry
Peter Distracts Oscorp Security
You're My Boy
Roosevelt Station
I Love You
Power Station
Electro Showdown Part 2
Planes and Power Grid Restored
Rhino Returns

First I've heard about the Recording Sessions. Appreciate the tip, my friend.

#MakeTASM3 has suddenly been buzzing on social media.

https://entertainment.inquirer.net/430708/maketasm3-fans-clamor-for-a-third-amazing-spider-man-movie-with-andrew-garfield

It's nice to see more people showing a new found appreciation for Garfield's Spider-Man. If they keep this up, I'm sure Sony is going to take notice. Unlike those dickheads currently in charge of WB, Sony wants to keep making money, and they've earned a lot of goodwill on all things Spider-Man lately.

I just hope if Garfield does come back, he doesn't get mixed with Hardy's Venom. I saw the 2018 movie last year, and thought it sucked.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 21 Dec  2021, 11:40
I just hope if Garfield does come back, he doesn't get mixed with Hardy's Venom. I saw the 2018 movie last year, and thought it sucked.

Despite my own disappointment with Venom: Let There Be Carnage, and generally how Sony has doubled down on having Brock and the Venom symbiote as a comedy duo, a Garfield Spider-man vs Tom Hardy Venom scenario would provide the necessary double whammy that Sony probably would be looking for with a proposed ASM3. Kraven is off the table, and Garfield's Spider-Man battling a Webbverse Vulture or Mysterio is just too much of a repeat. Given the good will Andrew's Spider-Man has received from NWH, it does make me wonder if Sony is, once again, considering that proposed Sinister Six movie now? Andrew could easily be slipped into that project, with a ASM3 being the concluding chapter to the Sinister Six arc.

Personally, I don't believe another Spider-Man vs. Venom movie will happen unless it's Holland's Spider-Man battling Tom Hardy's Venom. Probably with Brock returning to the MCU to reclaim the piece of the symbiote left behind. There's too much money to be had for something like that to not happen.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Holland's universe can keep Venom, as far as I'm concerned. They seem to be a perfect match for each other. I believe had Venom 2018 made it clear this had ties to the MCU, it would've been embraced, instead of being panned.

Meanwhile, I read #MakeTASM3 trended on Twitter with over 500K tweets. I'm very convinced Garfield will return in some shape or form.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Tue, 28 Dec 2021, 04:08 #66 Last Edit: Tue, 28 Dec 2021, 04:11 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 28 Dec  2021, 03:02I'm very convinced Garfield will return in some shape or form.
I'm not.

HOMEcoming, Far From HOME, No Way HOME, blah blah blah. Marvel's Spider-Man branding should be obvious. That suggests to me that Satan will need a parka and a heating pad before Marvel allows Sony to regain their footing with their own version of Spider-Man.

The sad reality is that 2021's Sony Pictures is not 2004's Sony Pictures. They were strapped for cash before the pandemic. They desperately needed a hit and no hits were forthcoming. It's not like the intervening time has radically changed their fortunes. It is true that I rather enjoy both of Webb's Spider-Man movies. But wide audiences plainly did not. ASM1 was lucky to do as well as it did while ASM2 didn't do well at all.

Compare that to MCU Spider-Man. Putting aside our own personal preferences, there's simply no denying the fact that the MCU has handled the character far more successfully than Sony has since 2007.

And this is all before we starting considering the dirty pool that Marvel/Disney is infamous for playing against competitors. In the unlikely event that Sony tries to forge ahead with a non-MCU Spider-Man, Sony has Snyder's own carcass twisting in the wind as an example of how Marvel/Disney will treat competitors. How much worse will it be for "traitors"? So, that's one very real threat right there.

The bottom line here is that Sony possibly has more to lose in a pissing contest over Spider-Man than Marvel does. Their financial stake in the MCU Spider-Man is X% of a guaranteed hit. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that Sony's board sees Holland's Spider-Man as the safe play which allows the studio to pursue their own profitable projects independent of anything to do with Marvel or comic books.

If Garfield ever plays Spider-Man again, my guess is it'll be in an MCU multiverse context. Marvel holds all the cards on this, fan campaigns be damned.

Bu there MIGHT be a play here for Sony to exploit. It's a long shot, esp since I have no idea what the agreements are between Sony and Marvel. But IF this is even legally possible, Sony could develop a non-MCU Miles Morales movie. The objective here is not to outgross Marvel or whatever. Rather, the idea would be to poison the well on Morales.

Sony could develop a Morales film which is explicitly separate from the MCU to steal Marvel's thunder. Because let's cut the crap, we all know where this is going. Tom Holland won't be playing this character forever. Sooner or later, he's hitting the road. And when he's gone, Marvel won't attempt to replace him as Peter Parker. Rather, Marvel will likely want to replace Peter Parker with Miles.

Sony getting there first ruins the novelty and woke appeal (if there is such a thing) that Morales offers.

Assuming the above is even contractually possible (and it may very well be since Sony was able to develop a non-MCU Venom), Marvel might be willing to work something out. Maybe. But I don't see too many other options for Sony to pursue if they're desperate to have their own version of Spider-Man reign supreme. And I'm not convinced that having their own version of Spider-Man reign supreme is a priority (or even a possibility) anymore.