Gordon faking his death

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 13 Feb 2015, 23:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 21 Mar 2015, 21:18 #10 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Mar 2015, 21:32 by Travesty
Well, now I'm having a few people tell me that Gordon faking his death is in no way contrived. They're literally trying to tell me that faking his death was an easy plan to pull off and execute.

Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 21 Mar  2015, 21:18
Well, now I'm having a few people tell me that Gordon faking his death is in no way contrived. They're literally trying to tell me that faking his death was an easy plan to pull off and execute.

You're speaking to people on Superhero Hype again, aren't you?

I honestly don't know why you bother wasting your time arguing with those imbeciles.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  2 Mar  2015, 03:14
Just because the tone is darker doesn't change the fact TDK is nothing more than turn off your brain entertainment. At least B66 was straight up honest with its absurdity. If you call out TDK's issues - "it's just a comic book movie". If you raise something complimentary - "see, that's why TDK transcends the genre." That's another annoying, stupid comment. Being ashamed of the genre and trying to elevate themselves above it.

I'm coming back to this.

I've learnt that you really need to be careful when you criticize the movie with its flaws. Some people will change their argument in support of TDK to suit their needs by claiming that some people who exaggerate the how good the movie is doesn't mean it's bad. Yet they are the same ones that talk about the film having so-called 'complexities'. They'll argue the film is only making a few attempts at realism when it comes to the police's reaction to disastrous situations, but it's still a fantasy film, and the whole 'realism' has been blown way out of proportion by fans and detractors alike.

I say that's complete and utter bullsh*t. In the real world, no police force in any part of the world would ever agree to cooperate with a vigilante. Especially not in a corrupt town like Gotham, and especially NOT after an ugly incident where the so-called hero nearly gets cops killed i.e. the car chase in BB. Vigilantes are outlawed. Full stop. So these movies fail to get a grasp of how the police would realistically react in scenarios like this too.

And let's face it, no cop in the world would ever attempt to lure a madman like Gordon did in TDK, and no police force would ever support it. And if they did, they'd find themselves getting arrested for endangering the entire public. It's things like this that reinforces my opinion that TDK is not even good enough to be a competent movie, never mind being good enough to be a great one. It fails as a fantasy movie, and it definitely fails as a realistic take on the Batman mythos. End of story.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

TDK is one of the most overrated films of all time. It's not a disgrace to film, but it's definitely not the sacred cow everyone thinks it to be. For example, put on the opening parking lot sequence - the moment Batman drops down onto Scarecrow's vehicle. It's meant to be a money shot, but it doesn't make much sense. First of all, Batman's descent and landing positions don't match. It's a glaring mistake which they surely could've remedied. And why does Scarecrow stop driving? I still fail to see why Batman landing on the roof equals his automatic capture.

There's stuff like this everywhere.