How Did The Comic Book Adaption Writer Do The Book Before The Film Was Finished

Started by lifesabitch, Sat, 3 Jan 2015, 22:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Was he onset? Should we look at that and take it as the scenes shown that were not in the final cut were filmed?

Usually they have a script to work from and various stills of what they're working with. I wouldn't be surprised if they were on set. Maybe even viewed some dailies as well. Still, there's no confirmation that everything in there was filmed. The dollar bill scene in the Batman adaption doesn't seem to have been filmed. My memory's a little rusty... I'm not sure what wasn't included in the Returns adaption.

Keep in mind that the artist also takes various liberties as they see fit (see the differences of the Batman & Robin comic). Scenes are abridged to fit the format; if something has to do with dialogue being changed slightly, then it's probably the work of the artist.

Thank you for this! Very insightful. ;D God, what if their comic adaptation contained almost half of cut material? I always loved them changing "bitch" to "witch." Didn't they also use "Sin Here"? That was in an earlier draft of the script, so I doubt they chose it to cut down due to it being explicit -- even though it was a comic book adaptation for an adult movie.  If it was printed under the Comics Code Authority, they probably HAD to change stuff. I wish there was a way to get in contact with the writer for the graphic novel.