Christmas viewing of BR

Started by Grissom, Sat, 29 Nov 2014, 18:34

Previous topic - Next topic
So I'll be watching this next Saturday, not just because it's Christmas but because I wanna see it again. One thing that I always found sort of strange yet wonderful is the strong Christmas undertones in the movie. From what we see on-screen to certain lines etc. There are other action films that take place around the yule time like Die Hard 1 & 2, Iron Man 3 etc, but this really feels like a Christmas movie, it just happens to be a Superhero film.

So here's to Batman Returns, a wonderful (Christmas) movie.  8)

If you listen closely you can hear "Come All Ye Faithful" playing in front of Shreck's when Bruce asks Selina on a date.

This whole movie really makes me feel like it's Christmas and winter all year. Since that's my favorite time of year it's no surprise I love this movie so much. The movie is quite dark and cold and that's how I love my weather, dark and cold.

I'll watch it before Christmas  8)

Not sure when but I will definitely watch it soon. Might do a marathon, idk.

It's been a christmas tradition of mine for many years.  The best time to watch it is on christmas eve at precisely 10:00 p.m. The reason for this is because at midnight precislely Alfred says "Come what may.... Merry Christmas Mr. Wayne."  It somehow makes me feel more closely connected to both the scene and the overall film viewing experience.

That's a pretty cool idea. I loved how you time it perfectly. This was actually the second or third time I'm watching it around the Christmas season but I think I'll definitely make it a must to watch it every year at Christmas time.

I think this movie is good no matter what time of year it is. If anything I think watching it during the summer is best because it makes me feel cooler. In every scene of this movie I think the characters look like they are chilled to the bone. I like it.