Batman: The Animated Series Timeline

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 4 Dec 2014, 01:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Slash Man on Fri,  3 Dec  2021, 18:21
I've watched the WatchTower Database's videos from time to time. I really enjoyed seeing others with such an obsessive interest in the continuity of the series.

As good as that video is, I noticed they forgot to add a couple of events in the BTAS timeline. Temple Fugate's meltdown would've happened sometime in the mid Eighties, and he became the Clock King seven years later, presumably during the early Nineties. Batman would've rescued Earl Cooper from goons trying to prevent him from becoming an automobile whistleblower sometime between 1983 to 1985 and then he would later hire Cooper as his personal mechanic to build the new Batmobile. That would've been around the same time Tony Zucco had murdered Dick Grayson's parents. If you look at the flashback scenes in the episodes The Mechanic and Robin's Reckoning Part I, the Batsuit sported a black insignia without the yellow oval, and the utility belt had pouches around it. The costume would get updated with the yellow oval and an advanced utility belt a few years later, maybe around the time Dick became Robin.

I can forgive them for some oversight, there are a lot of events that happened in the entire DCAU timeline that it's hard to keep track.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei