Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 11 Apr  2016, 10:42
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 11 Apr  2016, 09:19
I'm going to eat up this Joker. Charismatic and intimidating. My kind of guy.

His laughter reminds me a little bit like Mark Hamill's.
There's an old hag laugh in there which also works a treat.

Well, more Batman than expected, this is good. Leto will surely prove wrong all those who were eager to jump on the hate bandwagon. This "damaged" on the forehead, however, still looks stupid. What were they thinking.

Really can't wait to see Leto's Joker interacting with Affleck's Batman.

Should be alot of fun!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm looking forward to the dialogue, given no other live action Batman/Joker duo had a relationship built up over time. B89 and TDK both featured a new Joker, meeting Batman for the first time.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 08:16
I'm looking forward to the dialogue, given no other live action Batman/Joker duo had a relationship built up over time. B89 and TDK both featured a new Joker, meeting Batman for the first time.

Good point!

I'm making a prediction.

The film ends with Batman chasing Joker and Harley, as seen in the trailers. Joker drives off the cliff, and Batman jumps after them. He rescues Harley, and has her locked up. But the Joker is presumed dead, ala the comics, to reappear at another time.

I had thought those scenes were earlier in the movie, now I'm afraid this movie is going to have her stand on her own two feet for a while, then turn on the Squad and go back to J like a desperate little lap dog and I f***ing HATE that. It's f***ing 20f***ing16, they can depict a girl breaking the bonds and get away with it.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 13:10
I had thought those scenes were earlier in the movie, now I'm afraid this movie is going to have her stand on her own two feet for a while, then turn on the Squad and go back to J like a desperate little lap dog and I f***ing HATE that. It's f***ing 20f***ing16, they can depict a girl breaking the bonds and get away with it.
In this instance, I actually agree with Catwoman.

Harley Quinn is a smart, assertive, ultra-athletic woman (a former psychiatrist no less).  She doesn't need to be rescued by Batman like some bimbo Ice Princess or Vicki Vale type.  She's stronger than that.  And to specifically address what Catwoman says, I agree that she shouldn't be going back to The Joker like some pathetic, love-struck moron.  To repeat, she's stronger than that.  And yeah "it's f***ing 20f***ing16".  Quite right!

I hope TDK is wrong in his prediction.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I don't have a problem with Harley going back to The Joker. She's always been in love with him, which is why she looks the way she does. If she wants to break her bond with The Joker, she would have to go back to be more of a normal person, but we know she still has the clown/jester/Joker look to her along with being a villain, so it should be apparent that she still has a love/affinity for him.

As for the Harley/Batman scene, I don't think it'll be at the end, but closer to the beginning. This movie is clearly not going to be linear, as we've already seen both Joker and Harley flashbacks, so I think this movie is going to be jumping around in different periods of time. I think the Batman/Harley scene is a flashback that happened before The Squad gets together. I think the reason why Harley is in Arkham, is because Batman put her there during the chase/water scene. I think The Joker bailed out of his car, and Batman couldn't find him, so he took Harley instead.

But who knows? It's really hard to tell, since we know about flashbacks in this movie, so anything could happen. I mean, we even have a scene of The Joker before he had his tattoos and grill, but then we have scenes with tatted up and grilled Joker with Harleen Quinzel, before she transformed into Harley....so who knows? This movie is all over the place(in a good way).

That's true.

Anyway, I cant say I approve of Jared Leto's version of 'getting into character', sending cast members gross stuff.