Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
New trailer looks great. I'm still not a fan of the tattoos, but I'm loving what Leto is doing. Also, Batman looks cool here.

HELL YES!

God I am in LOVE with Margot's Harley! She reminds me of me a bit actually lol with what she says to El Diablo at the end. The rest of them look so great too.

This is going to be so amazing.

Also more good trailer music with You Don't Own Me. :)

Dug the trailer!

I do find it kinda funny, that the trailers for Suicide Squad has now used two songs from the Wayne's World soundtrack. Bohemian Rhapsody and The Ballroom Blitz. Though with the latter, it's the Sweet version, and not the Tia Carrera one (which I like as well, but that's me).  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

A lot to take in. Margot's Harley looks to be a scene stealer, as we already suspected.

Leto's Joker looks like a scary force of nature as well.

Great trailer. Looks darkly comedic.

I have a hunch that critics will hate it though.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It does seem to me that Affleck's Batman will have a bigger role than first thought, as well.

Maybe it wax Affleck who's schedule didn't let them shoot the extra scenes til now. Probably not though.

"I'm known to be quite vexing, I'm just forewarning you." "You die." "*pout*"

;D

Love how they mention Superman in the film, and in the past tense. He's not forgotten, but is still being doubted!

"All that chitchats gonna getcha hurt."

I'm going to eat up this Joker. Charismatic and intimidating. My kind of guy.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 11 Apr  2016, 09:19
I'm going to eat up this Joker. Charismatic and intimidating. My kind of guy.

His laughter reminds me a little bit like Mark Hamill's.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 11 Apr  2016, 09:19
Love how they mention Superman in the film, and in the past tense. He's not forgotten, but is still being doubted!
I personally think that was a mistake.

If this film is going to be a success, and chances are it will be assuming it's any good (which I suspect it is), it will need to distance itself from the previous DCEU films.

I suppose acknowledging Superman's presence isn't fatal but I hope there are no explicit references to BvS, otherwise SS could end up alienating a large swathe of the audience.

Plus, it's quite clear from the ramped-up comedy tone of the trailer that WB is now trying to differentiate the forthcoming film as much as possible from MOS and BvS.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.