Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 25 Jan  2016, 04:54
I'd like it if we could stop arguing and all just agree to disagree in this instance.  :-\

Everyone has their own preferences, but I do gather that practically every poster, particularly the regulars, here likes the Tim Burton Batman movies.

I don't think anyone is arguing, we're just stating different opinions on the films. If there is to be arguing, it will not come from my side.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Mon, 25 Jan  2016, 05:23I don't think anyone is arguing, we're just stating different opinions on the films. If there is to be arguing, it will not come from my side.
Sorry Max, I wasn't referring to you.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Apology accepted.

Now, let's get this back to Suicide Squad, shall we?

Other than Harley obviously, I love Croc, and the idea of a team of villains working for the government is promising.

Will Deadshot overshadow everyone though because he's being played by Big Will?  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Probably for people who aren't really familiar with the characters, he's the main star attraction.

But that isn't a bad thing. And no, I don't think he will overshadow his co-stars. I could be wrong of course, but it's not a worry.

First Int'l TV Spot for Suicide Squad.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Mon, 25 Jan  2016, 06:32
Probably for people who aren't really familiar with the characters, he's the main star attraction.

But that isn't a bad thing. And no, I don't think he will overshadow his co-stars. I could be wrong of course, but it's not a worry.
The Joker always manages to be the centre of attention, regardless of how much screentime he has. Though while I think Leto will grab attention, I think Suicide Squad will mostly be all about Harley. I mainly see this as her film. Her first live action debut, with The Joker's component here connecting to Harley as well obviously. The trailers suggest to me this could be a scene stealing performance in the vein of Pfieffer, being allowed to strut her stuff in a manic way but also bringing across the tragedy of her descent into madness.

You have a good point, TDK, I forgot about Leto when I made that post. And speaking of Harley...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Jan  2016, 22:53
The Joker always manages to be the centre of attention, regardless of how much screentime he has. Though while I think Leto will grab attention, I think Suicide Squad will mostly be all about Harley. I mainly see this as her film.

Going off the trailers, it's fair to assume that. Even if we include magazine articles and what not, we get that Harley's arc within the film will include her introduction to the Joker as Dr. Harleen Quinzel, evidently her New52 transformation dip, her relationship/rivalry with the Joker, and of course her being a member of the Suicide Squad. It's a juicy role for sure, and even though Will Smith's Deadshot will no doubt be a up front and center protagonist, Harley, again going off the trailers, certainly leans towards her being a equally up front and center protagonist as well. Hopefully Margot will do very well, and so far, she's looking just swell!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."