Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 14 Jul  2015, 02:14
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Sorry, couldn't resist either. lol

;)

Good morning starshine, the Earth says hello.

Does anyone get the sense that this version of Deadshot is going to be driven to violence by something really bad that's about to happen to his family as they're walking down the street at Christmas time? Maybe a bullet meant for him? The way they're walking in slow motion makes it look super ominous.

Back to Harley though, another thing I love and is heartbreaking at the same time is the way she's like a beaten, broken and somewhat frightened animal in a cage in the scenes in her cell. And then she lashes out. Now maybe she's just playing vulnerable to get them to let their guard down so she can kick some ass (in which case, that's my girl! lol) but she really seems beaten down.

I so can't wait for this movie.

For some reason I've warmed to the grillz and the tattoos.

I'm just going to go along with it all.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 14 Jul  2015, 07:39
For some reason I've warmed to the grillz and the tattoos.

I'm just going to go along with it all.

Well it's not like you're given a choice after all.  :-\

Don't worry though, it will be worth it when Batman beats the everlasting crap out of that tattooed freak.  8)

Here's the high-res copy of the trailer that was released today.

Looks very depressing and ominous. I can't wait to see Batman make his cameo appearance.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think this version of the character will be as good as the others, namely Romero and Nicholson. I think he'll be more twisted than Ledger's too, but more themed on humour. 

For example, the goons dressed up as pandas machine gunning people inside a building. Something utterly horrific being made into a joke. I mean, I couldn't help but laugh at that scene. And there's a guy shooting up people while wearing an animated Batman mask. Which could be the Joker himself?

Even with Leto's scene at the end of this trailer, he has a face of glee. He's absolutely enjoying what he does. That's an important aspect for me, and I found it lacking in TDK. He seems more energetic than Ledger.

Judging from the bizarre costumes that the Joker's goons wear as they raid Arkham Asylum (or if not that, some other institution), the sense of humour is there, but it's extremely dark. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Leto's Joker tattoos a smile on a victim's face. I guess it would make a better visual gag than a Glasgow smile.

This movie looks relentless. Lots of people get chopped down by gunfire from what I saw. It'll still be PG-13, but I won't be surprised if this movie ends up being controversial for its bleak subject matter.

I'm not familiar with Deadshot in the comics other than reading him as a contract killer for hire in one story, but I assume this film will take ideas from Arrow's portrayal, where it's revealed that Deadshot enters a deadly career to secure his daughter's financial future.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The problem to me is the comic isn't all that bleak, so hopefully it has some of it's dark humor. It's a comedy of errors and egos. Some of the situations end up kind of bleak but it still has that humor to it. Except the Future's End or whatever the thing that took place five years in the future is. The SS issue of that was traumatizing.

Know what else is traumatizing? The fact that I posted the officially released trailer two pages back and then TLF posts it again. I knew no one pays attention to me. :( lol

I found this utterly stupid video underneath.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/popculture/jared-letos-new-take-on-the-joker-looks-awfully-familiar/vi-AAcY7Et

It's just slamming Leto's Joker based on a supposed" lack of originality" - despite the fact the movie won't be out for another year. All because they're comparing the part where he says "I'm not gonna hurt you" in the trailer to what Jack Nicholson said to his wife in The Shining. But really, the end of the video proves it's just an excuse to praise TDK's Joker by showing the scene where he makes that idiotic, pseudo-intellectual monologue about "gravity" before he gets arrested...and possibly keeps his mouth shut while Batman covers up the whole Dent ordeal for eight years. Yeah, great villain. ::) And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a portion of TDK's Joker dialogue copied from Fritz Lang?

Seriously, it's petty rubbish like this that make me wonder if some people out there desperately want to see the DC film universe fail. The pathetic initial over-reaction to Ben Affleck's casting is another example.