Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Mr. J be stylin'!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I got to see the video before WB took it down and I liked his mannerisms but I just don't like the tats on his face. Bleh. And Margot looked completely totally freaking adorable as a "normal" Harleen. I wanted to strangle Jared Leto when SPOILER! the Joker backhanded her to the ground. That pissed me off. At the same time though it turned me on lol.

So excited for this movie.

Lot more pics: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=120709

See? Adorable. And I guess it isn't such a spoiler since the pics plainly show it lol.

I guess it's very Joker-y that she's wearing glasses when he slapped her. I have a little scar on the bridge of my nose from where that happened to me in real life so that kind of pisses me off but I seriously doubt he cares lol.

I like how he's really embracing his role as a celebrity. Again, in line with TDKR. Seeing Joker with a flashy sports car and expensive suit seems more in line with the character than Ledger's grungy look. The Joker craves attention and loves being in the spotlight.

Again, it's a shame about the tattoos, but at least we're not seeing him running around shirtless.

Yeah, the Tattoos I could have done without, but everything else seems pretty good. BTS candid photos isn't really the best way to judge Leto's Joker look, but I'm digging it, for the most part, so far.

That slap, amongst others I'm sure, will figure into the plot as to the reasons why Harley's "Mr. J" is her "Ex" at the start of the film, but similar to the "Assault on Arkham" animated movie, it's extremely likely she'll go back to him at some point. Now whether she stays will be a underlining question ....

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 19 May  2015, 20:06
Yeah, the Tattoos I could have done without, but everything else seems pretty good. BTS candid photos isn't really the best way to judge Leto's Joker look, but I'm digging it, for the most part, so far.

That slap, amongst others I'm sure, will figure into the plot as to the reasons why Harley's "Mr. J" is her "Ex" at the start of the film, but similar to the "Assault on Arkham" animated movie, it's extremely likely she'll go back to him at some point. Now whether she stays will be a underlining question ....

The answer to that question being one of the defining factors in whether or not I like the movie.

Jared Leto Sent Joker-Like Gifts To His Suicide Squad Co-Stars

Adam Beach, who plays Slipknot in David Ayer's Suicide Squad, already has some interesting stories about his co-star Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club). Apparently, the Oscar-winning actor has submerged himself so thoroughly into The Joker role he is sending insane gifts to his fellow cast members.

"He sent [Margot Robbie] a nice love letter with a black box with a rat in it—a live rat," Adam Beach told EOnline at the premiere of Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser. "It was beautiful. Then he sent bullets to Will [Smith] with a letter."

Besides the rat and bullets, Leto sent a video to the entire cast that included a "dead hog." "Basically, what he said was, 'Guys, I can't be there but I want you to know I'm doing my work as hard as you guys,'" Beach said. "The video he showed is in character. It blew our minds away. Then we realized that day, this is real."

Then Beach was asked about the first time he saw Leto as The Joker. "He encompasses this beautiful man and he shows it in, 'Hello, how are you?,' but in an instant, he goes to psychotic behavior where you're in fear," Beach recalled. "But you love him because he has both of those genuine sides."

Suicide Squad is set to be released August 5, 2016.

Source: http://comicbook.com/2015/06/26/jared-leto-sent-joker-like-gifts-to-his-suicide-squad-co-stars/

???

You better hope that this is just a stupid publicity stunt to get people talking. Otherwise, Leto is one creepy bastard. Which means it sounds like he's going to nail the role, I suppose.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Daaaaamn. lol

If anyone sent me a live rat they would be a little less live than the rat.

;D  ;D  ;D

I really hope this stuff turns up in a BTS featurette. Would love to see the real life reactions from the cast to Leto's gifts. Bullets. Live rat. A personal video with a dead hog ... Lmao!!!  :D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."