Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

With Margot, I think she will benefit greatly by this being an ensemble piece rather than WB/DC going with a solo Harley Quinn route. The Leto/Jesus comparison shouldn't be of much concern. He's kinda like Joaquin Phoenix in that respect. Who may walk around looking like a cast member from Duck Dynasty, but won't be appearing as such in films.

So many looks.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Potential preview of Leto's Joker laugh (NSFW language):
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: The Joker on Wed,  3 Dec  2014, 05:56

With Margot, I think she will benefit greatly by this being an ensemble piece rather than WB/DC going with a solo Harley Quinn route. The Leto/Jesus comparison shouldn't be of much concern. He's kinda like Joaquin Phoenix in that respect. Who may walk around looking like a cast member from Duck Dynasty, but won't be appearing as such in films.

So many looks.

Oh I didn't mean it being her movie. I'm excited about it because I love the team. I just wish they would leave The Joker out (unless his role is small) instead of it looking like she HAS to have him around. She don't need a crutch. She holds her own fine in the comic except for one lapse early on during the sh*t with his face that goes a bit far (poor Deadshot lol).

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  3 Dec  2014, 07:14
She holds her own fine in the comic except for one lapse early on during the sh*t with his face that goes a bit far (poor Deadshot lol).

Observe:

Hunting that led me to this lol. One of my fave pages:

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  3 Dec  2014, 07:14
Oh I didn't mean it being her movie. I'm excited about it because I love the team. I just wish they would leave The Joker out (unless his role is small) instead of it looking like she HAS to have him around. She don't need a crutch. She holds her own fine in the comic except for one lapse early on during the sh*t with his face that goes a bit far (poor Deadshot lol).

I get what you are saying, but I think, in the grand scheme of things, there could possibly be a scene where Harley will stand up to the Joker, following physical/emotional abuse in their relationship, or some sort of action he takes that is really detestable, and thus, conveying her independence from the Joker, while at the same time, consequently, giving her a arc that basically results in making her a stronger character in the film itself. 

However, I do have some concern, since we're talking about Harley getting her due in the spotlight, that Leto will be so good as the Joker that he will easily overshadow Margot Robbie as Harley, and if not, all of the cast in "Suicide Squad" (excluding maybe Oprah ... if they get her, since Oprah playing a character like Waller would probably surprise alot of people). The matter of how much screen time Leto gets as Joker will play a factor in that, though I have to assume it's substantial enough to gain Leto's interest in signing on, especially at this stage in his career.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  3 Dec  2014, 08:01
Observe:

There was some obvious similarities with "Death of the Family" and Tobe Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.

This was straight out of Part 2.

Exciting news!

I'm glad to see the Joker is coming back on screen much sooner than expected...as long as he doesn't come across as a Ledger clone, that is. The Jared Leto/Margot Robbie rumours were true after all.

Will Smith as Deadshot...I happen to think this is a good casting choice. I'd say Smith needs to this role too since he hasn't been in a good film in a long time.

I'm surprised that Tom Hardy is starring in another DC Comics-based film. It could be either the offer on the table is too good, or that he probably wasn't too happy with his role as Bane. It's admittedly pointless speculation in any case.

Has anyone else seen Batman: Assault on Arkham yet? It's really a Suicide Squad movie with Batman appearing as a supporting character. I'd recommend watching it to get a possible idea of what the live action movie might be like since  Joker was the main villain, and it's likely that will be the case again.

Since this movie is strictly about the villains, I for one wouldn't mind too much if it does take itself more seriously, although I'd still prefer Joker and Harley Quinn provide some moments of levity.

2016 is quickly becoming an exciting year to look forward to. Dawn of Justice, CA: Civil War and now this.  8)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  3 Dec  2014, 05:00
A guy who looks like Jesus just doesn't give me the Joker vibe lol. Wish they would have left him out and let Harley
stand on her own two feet.
Admittedly I don't know much about Suicide Squad, but I am a little disappointed that we won't be getting Harley in a more traditional scenario.  I'd love to see her origin story onscreen, which does of course require input from the Joker.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I found this brilliant fake Photoshop manip of Leto as the Joker online.

Too bad I doubt he will look anything like this in the film.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei