James Gunn likes disrespectful tweets at David Ayer

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 15 Sep 2019, 02:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Following the apparent news of cast members slated to star in the next Suicide Squad movie/soft reboot directed by James Gunn, I found these tweets that Gunn had apparently liked on Twitter taking aim at David Ayer's movie, including one taking a shot at Ayer himself.

Not very classy from Gunn, is it? He shows to be quite two-faced when some dickhead critic personally apologised to Ayer for writing a scathing comment over Suicide Squad. What an asshole:

As a sidenote, this is the first time I've seen Ayer confessing the final cut of SS was not what he had envisioned. It's a far cry from three years ago, when he insisted the movie that came out was his vision. I suppose he agreed to roll with that narrative because he thought Warner Butchers would honour plans of him directing Gotham City Sirens.

As for the tweet saying "be thankful there's a better director this time", don't make me laugh! Fury alone destroys any movie that Gunn has ever made, and Ayer generally makes movies that are adult in nature, and doesn't resort to cheap pop culture references. Sure, I didn't like the first Suicide Squad either, but I'd take that over garbage like GOTG Vol. 2 any day.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei