Who is your favourite Schumacher villain?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 27 Nov 2014, 13:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favourite Schumacher villain?

Riddler
8 (61.5%)
Two-Face
1 (7.7%)
Mr. Freeze
0 (0%)
Poison Ivy
4 (30.8%)
Bane
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 27 Jun  2016, 13:40
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 27 Jun  2016, 06:43Riddler for me too. However I'd say Poison Ivy would be number two. I love what Uma did with the role, and I don't care who knows.
One thing that's become apparent to me is just how much influence Schumacher took from the comics, particularly Shadow of the Bat Annual #3. I hope the day comes when Schumacher gets credit for how much he really did take from comics. Apparently they're comics that most of his critics have never read. But they are still comics. Damn good ones too in most cases.
Shoe Maker's greatest strength, apart from creating comfortable and durable footwear, lies in the sheer entertainment value of his films. BF and B&R are infinitely re watchable and take cues from the comics. If this is as bad as Batman gets for some people, I'd say Batman's doing quite well for himself.

I like a lot of Poison Ivy's scenes, pretty much her whole character in the first half and in the second she was still pretty interesting, but I still think the Riddler was the best of Schumacher's villians.

Quote from: Andrew on Wed, 13 Sep  2017, 17:33I like a lot of Poison Ivy's scenes, pretty much her whole character in the first half and in the second she was still pretty interesting, but I still think the Riddler was the best of Schumacher's villians.
The thing about BF that works for me even 22 years later is how the Riddler and Two-Face are pretty complementary villains as far as the story of BF goes.

It's rather clever on Schumacher's part to set Two-Face up as a fairly straight forward villain who's trying to kill the hero while the Riddler is more of a vengeful stalker with a mad-on for the hero's secret identity. It was ahead of its time in the 90's but it resonates deeper now. Bruce is shown to be in conflict with himself all through BF. He's getting it all on sides from Two-Face, the Riddler, Dick and Chase.

The only way for him to survive is a sort of synthesis of his various masks and alternate identities. It's really well done.

But yes, Riddler is top notch in Schumacher's movies.