Rumour: Margot Robbie to play Harley Quinn for Suicide Squad

Started by The Laughing Fish, Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 08:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon,  1 Dec  2014, 23:53
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  1 Dec  2014, 22:49
Just occurred to me!

This will be the first movie I have seen where I'm super familiar with the source material and emotionally invested in them getting it right. Kind of exciting and frightening at once lol.
Do you think you'd have liked the earlier Batman films if you'd been familiar with/invested in the source material beforehand?

Do you still like the earlier films?  :-\

Of course. Nothing will make me not like those films. They're like engrained in me or whatever the term would be lol.

The movie doesn't have to be like the pages of the comic book coming to life to capture my heart. Just as long as they get the vibe right. If they get the vibe with the characters right in SS (specifically Harley is done justice and not made into a Ledger clone) I'm sure I will enjoy it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-ayers-suicide-squad-shoot-753015

WEEEEE!

Only problem is the release date. I don't even know if I'll be alive in August 2016. If I am, I'll (gulp) be THIRTY. :o :o :o

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Dec  2014, 15:57
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-ayers-suicide-squad-shoot-753015

WEEEEE!

Only problem is the release date. I don't even know if I'll be alive in August 2016. If I am, I'll (gulp) be THIRTY. :o :o :o
Why?  Will Belly Button Girl cross paths with the wrong people?  :o
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 10 Nov  2014, 15:00
Eh. I googled her since I've never heard of her either. Not what I pictured for Harley. Plus I'm sad the first LA Harley isn't American. Nothing against non-Americans, you know. I just hate fake accents.

Kitty is going to have to warm up to this.

QuoteTo me neither one of them are "cute" enough to be Harley, going by pics of their faces and expressions. There is this adorableness that is like critical to her being. Maybe I will be proven wrong. I just hope they don't try to focus on the sexy part and forget the cuteness, because then it won't be Harley. She's a lot more than just looking sexy (which any actress should be able to do wearing her new comic outfit lol). The personality is what makes her. This Margot better step it up and be cute as hell or she's just an empty shell.

I guess it's obvious I'm like really emotionally invested in this lol. I've been waiting a long damn time for her to get a live action movie. I don't want them to f*** it up and I'm scared to death they will. I will tell you this, if she tries to play her like Heath Ledger's Joker, only as a girl, I will strangle the bitch myself.  >:(

Don't let me down, girl! :-\ :-\ :-\

Just like with the Affleck post, Kitty has some crow to eat.  :-\

lol.

Ben made a believer out of me long before I ever walked in the theater and Margot has done the same up to this point. Of course we're still four months away from popcorn time but I'm in love with what I've seen so far.

I predict Margot Robbie will become a fan favourite in the role. It helps that the character she's playing is a fan favourite too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri,  8 Apr  2016, 11:49
I predict Margot Robbie will become a fan favourite in the role. It helps that the character she's playing is a fan favourite too.
She looks utterly adorable in the part (I'm even willing to forgive the film the absence of the traditional two-tone jester costume, which I believe the filmmakers at least attempted before figuring it would look too ridiculous).  I hope we get plenty of footage of Margot as Dr. Quinzel, before her change, since she's such a gorgeous woman it would be great to see her without the white makeup and the platinum/white blonde hair.

For all my misgivings about BvS, I do think the current DCEU seems to have gotten all the Batman-orientated elements right (including Affleck's Batman, Irons' Alfred, Robbie's Harley Quinn, Leto's Joker, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's Killer Croc, as well as J.K. Simmons' casting as Commissioner Gordon), and that this bodes well for some solo Batman movies, hopefully featuring Margot, Jared and Adewale in some capacity, later down the line.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

That was amazing!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Well one good turn of Margot deserves another.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Okay first off she's too adorable for words. I love her accent!

Second off, NOTHING is wrong with wanting to win.

Third off, I think my fave part we've seen so far might be "Seriously. T'hells wrong with you people?" "We're bad guys. It's what we do."

Fourth off I have no clue who this Rob person is. lol

Fifth, I can NOT wait for this move!