What are your expectation levels for the upcoming comic-book movies?

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 4 Dec 2014, 15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Avengers: Age of Ultron (24 April) -    8)

Ant-Man (17 July) -   :D

The Fantastic Four (6 August) -  ::)

Deadpool (12 February) -  :-\

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (25 March) -  :D*

Captain America: Civil War (29 April) -   ;D

X-Men: Apocalypse (19 May) -  :)

Suicide Squad (5 August) -  :D

Doctor Strange (28 October) -  :D

The Sinister Six (11 November) -  :-\

The Wolverine 2 (2 March) -  ::)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (28 April) -   ;D

Wonder Woman (23 June) -  ;D

The Fantastic Four 2 (14 July) -  ::)

Thor: Ragnarok (28 July) -  :)

Black Panther (27 October) -  ;D

Justice League (17 November) -  ;D

The Flash (23 March) -  :)

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 (27 April) -  8) 8)

Captain Marvel (6 July) -  ;D

Aquaman (27 July) -  :)

Inhumans (26 October) -  :)

Shazam (5 April) -  :)

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (26 April) -  8) 8) 8)

Justice League 2 (14 June) -  :)

Cyborg (3 April) -  :-\

Green Lantern (19 June) -  :-\

* :D counts as better than  :), but not quite as good as  ;D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Avengers: Age of Ultron  8)
Ant-Man  :)
Fantastic Four 1 and 2  ::)
Deadpool  :-\
Batman v Superman  ;D
X-Men Apocalypse  8)
Suicide Squad  :D
Doctor Strange  ;D
The Sinister Six  :)
The Wolverine 2 - haven't even seen the first one yet
GOTG 2 -  8)
Wonder Woman  8)
Thor: Ragnarok  :)
Black Panther  :)
Justice League ;D
The Flash   ;D
Avengers Infinity War, both parts  8)
Captain Marvel  :)
Aquaman  :D
Inhumans  :D
Shazam  :D
Justice League 2  ;D
Cyborg :)
Green Lantern  :D

Avengers: Age of Ultron (24 April) -    Very excited
Ant-Man (17 July) -  Quite excited, I like the players involved but I havent seen any footage

The Fantastic Four (6 August) -  skeptical yet optimistic. I felt the last series got it half right. Johnny Storm and Ben grimm were great, Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic not so much.

Deadpool (12 February) Very excited, Reynolds was born to play this role.
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (25 March) - Quite excited. I wont be shocked if it fails, I've been underwhelmed with the last two DC films so I wont be shocked if I leave this one scratching my head but I have hope.

Captain America: Civil War (29 April) -  Very excited. The last film was outstanding and the civil war is my favourite marvel story.

X-Men: Apocalypse (19 May) -  Not an xmen fan

Suicide Squad (5 August) - Quite excited, it's one of the most vibrant new comics.
Doctor Strange (28 October) - intrigued

The Sinister Six (11 November) - I still can't wrap my head around how this will work; are these guys going to be protagonists or villains?

The Wolverine 2 (2 March) -  Again not an xmen fan

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (28 April) -   first one was good but not my cup of tea

Wonder Woman (23 June) -  oh man this will be a tough one to pull off. Female heroes can work such as Lara Croft but it's failed every time a female comic hero has been brought to life; supergirl, catwoman, and Elektra.

The Fantastic Four 2 (14 July) - see above

Thor: Ragnarok (28 July) - Mildly enthused but IMO the thor films have been the weak sister of the MCU

Black Panther (27 October) - should be good but I'm more of a daredevil fan

Justice League (17 November) - Very enthused. I think this is DC's opportunity to top marvel if they hit the right notes. Hopefully WB embraces the fact that it's a comic book.

The Flash (23 March) - not as excited as i would have been 6 months ago. Mainly because I am digging the TV show and am skeptical the movie can beat it.

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 (27 April) -  very excited

Captain Marvel (6 July) -  Not overly excited but it should be noted I wasn't excited about an iron man movie in 2006

Aquaman (27 July) -  I'll be excited if they don't tread it like a joke

Inhumans (26 October) - I actually know nothing about this project

Shazam (5 April) -  could be good

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (26 April) -  see above

Justice League 2 (14 June) -  have to see the first one to decide

Cyborg (3 April) - about the same level as shazam. I could be enthused if I think they get it right but given how badly WB has dropped the ball time and time again with Batman and Superman it's hard to get enthused for these projects.

Green Lantern (19 June) - My favourite character, you could cast Howard Stern in the title role and I'd still go.

* :D counts as better than  :), but not quite as good as  ;D
[/quote]

Avengers: Age of Ultron (24 April) -  Definitely in for this. Have a feeling it'll be better than the first. Spader is an awesome addition. I'm interested to see how they'll bring in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch without bringing in the "m" word (mutant), as well as how Bettany's Vision will play a role.

Ant-Man (17 July) -  Despite the Edgar Wright fallout, I'm still interested in seeing how this turns out, mainly for the old mentor-version of Hank Pym.

The Fantastic Four (6 August) - Know practically nothing about this, but the rumors aren't great. I don't know much about the Fantastic Four comics. Only saw a few cartoons and the 2005 movie, so I'm not that interested in it. Maybe I will if the trailer shows something interesting.

Deadpool (12 February)
-  Liked the test footage. I'm not a big Deadpool fan, but if it looks good, I'll see it.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (25 March) -  Not a Man of Steel fan, but I'm interested in seeing the new take on Batman. We'll see if any of the other elements come together this time.

Captain America: Civil War (29 April) -  Definitely in. Winter Soldier is up there as one of my favorite Marvel movies, so I'm interested in seeing how that story continues and how Tony gets thrown into the mix.

X-Men: Apocalypse (19 May) - Loved Days of Future Past, so hopefully this matches up to that and First Class.

Suicide Squad (5 August) - After getting to know the Suicide Squad from previous adaptations, I'm interested in seeing how this goes as a supervillains movie and how they take on certain characters. I'm even more interested now that we know the new Joker's gonna be in it. Hoping the costume designs for everyone stay relatively true to the comics.

Doctor Strange (28 October) -  Don't know a ton about the character, but it's Benedict Cumberbatch teaming up with Marvel Studios and exploring the mystical side of that universe. Could be cool.

The Sinister Six (11 November) -  Is this even still on? Not a fan of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise and think the idea of a Sinister Six movie is ridiculous and will probably be overshadowed by Suicide Squad in the same year.

The Wolverine 2 (2 March) -  While I appreciated the attempt at something new, I thought the previous one was too slow and the story had a huge gaping hole in it. Since they've already done the Japan storyline, what more could they do here?

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (28 April) -  Sure, I'll see it. Previous film was fun. Didn't think it was the greatest Marvel film ever, but it was fun enough that I'll check out another one.

Wonder Woman (23 June)
- Glad she has a movie coming up. That said, I'll have a better idea whether to be excited about it when I see Gal's take in BvS.

The Fantastic Four 2 (14 July) - We don't even know if this'll happen.

Thor: Ragnarok (28 July) - I happen to like the first Thor way more than the second. Hoping this one combines the fantasy action of the second one with the pathos and character arc of the first one.

Black Panther (27 October) - Don't know much about this character. Could be cool. I have faith in Marvel, but I'll have a better idea when I see a trailer.

Justice League (17 November) - I'll put it this way- I'd love to see a Justice League movie. Whether Snyder's Justice League/DC Cinematic universe film will be the one I want to see is another story. I'll have a better idea after BvS.

The Flash (23 March) - Already watching this on TV. Will have a better idea once we get closer to the date and see what this take has in store.

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 (27 April) - Avengers vs. Thanos! Hopefully it all pays off.

Captain Marvel (6 July) - Don't know much about this character. We'll see how I feel when it gets closer.

Aquaman (27 July) - With Momoa in the role, I can definitely see this changing perception of the character like B89 did for Batman.

Inhumans (26 October)
-  Haven't read the comic, but I like the premise and the Inhumans storyline has already made Agents of SHIELD an infinitely better show this season.

Shazam (5 April) - The Rock as Black Adam is good casting, but I still feel like he would've worked as the hero.

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (26 April) - See my response to Part 1.

Justice League 2 (14 June) -  See my response to Part 1

Cyborg (3 April) -  I'll get back to you after I see the character in BvS. Always thought it was weird how he displaced Martian Manhunter in the New 52 lineup of the Justice League. I'd rather see MM but after David Goyer's comments on him, it doesn't look like it'll happen  ::)

Green Lantern (19 June) -  Depends on the take. Honestly think they'll do the John Stewart Green Lantern for Justice League, but maybe I'm wrong.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...