the brave and the bold?

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 00:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Tue,  7 May  2013, 21:44
It was supposed to be April

someone forgot to tell cartoon network

Sat, 25 Jan 2014, 00:01 #51 Last Edit: Sun, 28 Jan 2018, 23:25 by Silver Nemesis
I've recently begun rewatching the first season of this show and I spotted a Batman '89 reference in the episode 'Deep Cover for Batman!' (s01e12), during the flashback depicting the origin of the heroic Red Hood/Joker from a parallel universe (clearly based on the Earth-3 universe from the comics). After Owlman deliberately hurls him into the vat of chemicals, there's a scene of the Joker sitting in a darkened room, gazing at his reflection in a mirror. It's a full length mirror, but the setup is otherwise very similar to the scene in the film. And like the scene in the film, he starts laughing maniacally and smashes the mirror.

But unlike the Joker in the movie, this one stops laughing and regains his composure. Silver Cyclone comments on the scene, saying that the Joker's psyche was bent but not broken. Hence why he was able to maintain his sanity and become a hero, instead of ending up like the Joker of the prime universe.

I've spotted nods to the Schumacher and Nolan films in this show in the past, but I think this is the first time I've caught a reference to the Burton films. I'll keep an eye out for more.

I've just started watching this show on DC Universe and it's really good. As far as Batman centric shows are concerned I think I like it better than The Batman,

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat, 31 Oct  2020, 19:49
I've just started watching this show on DC Universe and it's really good. As far as Batman centric shows are concerned I think I like it better than The Batman,
I like both, but indeed, TBATB is better. I've been binge watching the episodes the past week and it's easily one of the best forms of Batman media in the catalogue. It really gets what makes the character great in an endearing way. Case in point Batman hitting the winning home run in a game of baseball against the villains and their cheating. Never give up, no matter what you're doing. Just love it.