Design Changes and Canonicity

Started by Slash Man, Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 06:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 20 Sep  2016, 06:52Not sure I like that revelation, considering all the characters had design overhauls.
Ditto. I read that entire run of comics and there were a lot of problems with it. Harvey Bullock was sick to his stomach because of the smoke from the Penguin's cigarette. Yeah, because Harvey Bullock hates tobacco. Oy, I know Smoking is bad, mmmkay? but for God's sake next time put the dialogue in ANY other character's mouth. Montoya would've sufficed just fine.

But yeah, the Poison Ivy thing was over the line. It bugged me because it basically nullified her entire run in the redesigned era of the show.

Still, the "canonicity" of all this stuff is dubious at best, completely optional at worst. If you don't want that to be in your continuity (it sure isn't in mine!), I wouldn't blame you.

The whole thing is ambiguously canon at best. Gotham Adventures probably had the most divergences from the series; all the previous series' under the Batman Adventures lines had some kind of direct tie-in at least. By the time of Gotham Adventures, the series pretty much existed in its own continuity, while optionally providing the opportunity to fill in some gaps from the TV series.