The Penguin's Batmobile blueprint

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 15 Nov  2014, 00:11
So shut up you screaming pinheaded puppet. >:(

Sheesh, where did that come from huh?

You know Ms "Catwoman" you can often be a nice, great person to talk to. And then there are times I've noticed where you tend to give people all the warmth of a rattlesnake. It can be a bit strange and not necessary. It's obvious my humorous tone in my post has gone over your head utterly. All the more stranger given I didn't direct it at anyone particularly anyway. But I can see from your comment above it genuinely seems to have pissed you off?

"Trolls basically. And the like. I find your opinions on the movie and on certain characters to be rather, em, vacuous, but I won't call you a moron. At least not right now".

Darling, I could certainly say the same of you in this case unfortunately. Maybe I'm mistaking your tended humor here? I'm unsure. I have had similar disputes on here before in which I've had to explain my true intent and I do get a little tired of it all. On a forum it's difficult sometimes to read a person's friendlier tone. Next time all you need to do is ask my intent than firing a hurtful and embarrassing comment out of the blue.

Sorry everyone else. It kinda bothered me a little lol

Also Selina's martial arts is a plot hole I'm afraid. Where did she learn it? When? How did she not use it when being threatened by that mugger? Why can she do confident back-flips when she's as meek, stiff and shy as a delicate petal when we first meet her? All we truly know about her physical prowess on screen prior to her becoming Catwoman is that she plays racket ball with disgruntled ex-boyfriends. Let me spell it out for you this time: that's not me bashing a movie in a smart arse manner, that's me pointing out a definite flaw but loving the movie anyway and not caring about it's need to address such issues. Maybe we've all had too many arguments with too many Nolan disciples. 

Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 15:34 #11 Last Edit: Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 15:38 by Catwoman
Your name is Copplepot4Mayor. What did Oswald say as he was driving the Batmobile? That he would take care of the "screaming pinheaded puppets of Gotham." It was a joke in reference to that. I guess that sailed over your head too :P Seriously though I didn't mean it at all to be hurtful or offensive, I thought you of all people would get the joke.

She obviously shed ALL her inhibitions when she was Catwoman, so it is reasonable (at least to me) that she would have had some physical ability of some kind that was suppressed for the same reasons the rest of her was, and then when she finally cut loose and unleashed herself, like I said, that was part of it. 

Ok, I checked and he actually said "Squealing, wretched pinheaded puppets of Gotham."

See? I was nicer than he was.

:P

I guess one could argue that Catwoman may have had athletic ability naturally, but she was too shy and timid to realize her own potential until her near death experience.

I suppose it's really all about far a person can transform psychologically after a traumatic experience. Just like how the murder of his parents could drive Bruce to transform himself into a deadly menace against criminals when wearing the Batsuit, despite the fact that his physique is rather average. The same thing can be said about Selina Kyle. She transforms into someone who is more seductive, confident and deadly by adopting the Catwoman persona. The freakish nature between the two disturbed people as Batman says "are the same".

Back on-topic though: yeah, the Batmobile blueprint is a plot hole. Unless you want to argue that the Penguin studied the car closely and drew his own blueprint to conceptualize how it works, but that's pretty far-fetched in my opinion.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 15 Nov  2014, 15:34
Your name is Copplepot4Mayor. What did Oswald say as he was driving the Batmobile? That he would take care of the "screaming pinheaded puppets of Gotham." It was a joke in reference to that. I guess that sailed over your head too :P Seriously though I didn't mean it at all to be hurtful or offensive, I thought you of all people would get the joke.

She obviously shed ALL her inhibitions when she was Catwoman, so it is reasonable (at least to me) that she would have had some physical ability of some kind that was suppressed for the same reasons the rest of her was, and then when she finally cut loose and unleashed herself, like I said, that was part of it.

Not a problem then darling. I'm relieved in fact lol It's just when I saw the angry smiley face at the end of your post it made it seem you were being serious with me.

We all seem to be forgetting an obvious idea: the cats that bite Selina, giving her nine lives and therefore...cat-like agility? Okay I'm aware the idea of a super powered Catwoman has always been a little unpopular with some in regards to Batman Returns. But that appears to be on second thought what Burton was going for.

That's one way of looking at it, but Burton clarified that when looked at for what it is, there's nothing supernatural about the story. Selena falls, but the awnings help cushion her fall and she survives with minor injuries.