My Lego Gotham

Started by GBglide, Sat, 11 Oct 2014, 23:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 10 Jun 2022, 15:37 #50 Last Edit: Fri, 10 Jun 2022, 15:46 by GBglide
Well, after a long time, I am Back!

I learned a new Lego design program and am back in full swing.

Here are a couple of new buildings I just assembled.

I also just purchased enough bricks to make these fifteen buildings near the cathedral.

Cool. If you look at images of downtown NYC in the 30s-60s it looks very similar to burton's Gotham, obviously it's not as exaggerated but even the layout is eerily similar. So it could be useful for filling in the gaps.
(I was gonna prove my point with some comparisons but this site was being annoying. Honest!)

I'm interested in what's under the veneer of the Art Deco beauty. Burton captured the dreary hopelessness of how I imagine Gotham would be if it existed in real life. Grey during the day, a sense of emptiness on streets inhabited by lonely souls and rubbish strewn everywhere. It's a dead place that normal people abandoned long ago. Stores have shut their doors, the economy is shot and the place only comes alive at night. For all the wrong reasons.

At night the main city square has homeless looking people milling around on the grass settling in for the long haul, and generally there's a sense of seedy energy. Thugs looking for anything to steal and anyone to harass or kill. Away from that area the sadness of the day transforms into something scary. It's the last place you'd want to be but to those who inhabit the street it's home. This is it's true soul.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 22 Aug  2022, 10:08
I'm interested in what's under the veneer of the Art Deco beauty. Burton captured the dreary hopelessness of how I imagine Gotham would be if it existed in real life. Grey during the day, a sense of emptiness on streets inhabited by lonely souls and rubbish strewn everywhere. It's a dead place that normal people abandoned long ago. Stores have shut their doors, the economy is shot and the place only comes alive at night. For all the wrong reasons.

At night the main city square has homeless looking people milling around on the grass settling in for the long haul, and generally there's a sense of seedy energy. Thugs looking for anything to steal and anyone to harass or kill. Away from that area the sadness of the day transforms into something scary. It's the last place you'd want to be but to those who inhabit the street it's home. This is it's true soul.

It wasn't until I saw that fan made Batman 1989 game that WB removed that i realized how profoundly
depressing of a place Gotham must be.

Sun, 9 Oct 2022, 19:20 #54 Last Edit: Sun, 9 Oct 2022, 19:23 by GBglide
I finished the 15.

Also here is the Flugelheim Museum.

Well, it hasn't been a good year for me making Lego buildings. I will have to try harder in the coming year.
This building was easy to design but nearly impossible to build. The program's instructions were all over the place. One brick on one end then it would jump to someplace else.

Anyhow, here it is.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.